Jennifer Lopez

I Might Return to 'Idol'

... I Might Not

7/12/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711_jlo_american_idol
Jennifer Lopez is telling friends ... she HAS NOT made up her mind on her future with "American Idol" ... and WILL NOT make a decision until after she finishes her current concert tour with Enrique Iglesias.

There are reports Jennifer has already informed producers she's a no-go to return to the judge's table next season ... but sources close to J.Lo tell us the reports are absolutely not true.

We're told Jennifer wants to "see where things are in her life" when the concert ends.

Translation: If Jen's popularity is UP after the tour and she has more options, she's more likely to bounce off the show. If she's not ... "Idol" ain't a bad fallback gig.

It wouldn't be the first time J.Lo waited 'til the last minute -- last year, she held out until late August and finally gave in when producers reportedly agreed to fork over $20 mil for a 1-year deal.

update_bar
Lopez appeared on the "Today" show this morning ... and said she's "torn" about the decision ... but notes, "I think it’s time for me to go.”

071212_jlo_today_launch

billy

J Lo sucks...

jimi

people might care.... people might not

LCS27

what's American Idol?

RealityBites

Haven't watched in years...show is old and tired

LiLa

Please, just go, J'Lo. I have no doubt there will be a long list of replacement options for AI to choose from.

nuffsaid

Torn my ass. She loves loves loves all this and that about the show. Now if you will pay her enough money she will come back just like last year. 20M for a year? Are they out of their mind? She isnt the only one to host.

Cinders

Please go away...your done...

Rene

F&$K J LO! I am sick of her lack of talent a$$. She's a beautiful girl but other than that, she's empty. I'm getting sick of the Idol crap too... Greedy MFers if you ask me.

Truth

I laugh at the losers that watch that crap show and all of it's copies, no matter who is on them.

nof

I don't believe any of this.

I believe the show told her they weren't interested.

But she could paint it any career-helping way possible.

Shows and producers always give the famous a graceful way out.

nof

- No-brainer Charlie Sheen's the right call on this.

Read the other comments.

No one wants her back/found her interesting.

A lot of gushing and anyone can do that.

nof

Going to I'm-so-wanted and under-so-much-pressure-to-return is actually hurting her.

Does anyone really believe this.

She should cool that bit off -.

Write some new material, maybe.

jessi

J. Lo is the older version of Kim K.

anon

I used to watch for Simon Cowell. He told it like it was. None of this touchy-feely crap that spews out of the current judge's mouths. I had hopes that Steven Tyler would follow in Simon's footsteps but he was an epic fail, too. That's when I stopped watching.

Too bad Gordon Ramsey isn't in the music biz. I think he would make a great judge.

Goodbye Jello, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Bu

She is throwing away her meal ticket. She was on her way to being a has been until Idol picked her and and dusted off her career.