Bieber Sued for $9 Mil

Screaming Fans

Destroyed My Ears!!

7/13/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_justin_bieber_document_launchJustin Bieber's live show is painful to listen to ... so says an Oregon woman who claims she was hit with a "sound blast" at one of his concerts that  left her with permanent ear damage.

According to the suit, Stacey Wilson Betts took her daughter to see Bieber's show in Portland, Oregon on July 14, 2010.

Betts claims it was incredibly loud inside the arena thanks to Justin's shrieking fans ... but Bieber made it MUCH MUCH WORSE when he climbed into a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola" which was pulled out into the crowd (below).

In the suit, Betts claims Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."

Betts says the gondola acted as a "sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."

As a result, Betts claims she now suffers from tinnitus ... which causes a constant pulsing, whooshing shound that makes it hard to sleep. She also complains of other hearing-related damage.

She's suing Bieber -- along with Bieb's record label, the concert promoter and the arena -- and demanding $9.23 million in damages.

We reached out to Bieber for comment -- so far, no word back.

Sandra

Stupid woman for thinking a concert would't be loud plus she is a greedy fool as well!!

kerrplunk

Wear earplugs dumbazz!!

Leslie Curtin

At 53 and having seen an extraordinary number of concerts with no plugs . I'm fine ... Get real

I Was About To Say

MOVE OVER JUSTIN BEAVER YOU TIME HAS ENDED....AUSTIN MAHONE IS TAKING OVER.

I Was About To Say

CORRECTION: "YOUR" time has ended.

I Was About To Say

Dang...a new kidney doesn't even cost that much.

Ashlyn

This woman is a complete moron. It's a concert lady, obviously there are going to be screaming fans. That's why you should wear earplugs! I'm by no means a fan of Bieber but I hope the courts laugh at her crazy ass and throws the case out. She's bitching about Bieber getting the crowd hyped up... that's his job. It's unfortunate that this happened to her. But come on, everyone knows that concerts are EXTREMELY loud and anything can happen. I think this is the first time I heard of someone getting sued because a concert was too loud lol.

CrossCheck

She should be ecstatic! She never has to hear Bieber again.

Italia

If it all bothered her so much, why didn't she just leave? Justin Bieber didn't FORCE her to go to the concert in the first place, and certainly did force her stay. She could have just left. I predict that the suit will be thrown out as being "frivolous".

Stephanie

I have permanent ear damage from a Linkin Park concert. And unlike this little beyotch, I would rather shake their hand than sue. I'm a big girl like that.

craig

In all honesty I hope he gets beat to death by a black gangsta rapper that he wants to be but these lawsuits are sad and to quick to be on TMZ because they are quick to be dismissed

Demi

This Country needs to start jailing people that files bogus lawsuit against anyonethat has money to try to make a quick buck

Tyler

I stubbed my toe at a Justin bieber concert. Where's my 9 million?

Kiko

Stupid and moronic lawsuit, but I hope she wins.

Italia

I don't think Justin Bieber has control over the volume, I think the sound people handle that. She's gonna get nowhere with this.