Bieber Sued for $9 Mil

Screaming Fans

Destroyed My Ears!!

7/13/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_justin_bieber_document_launchJustin Bieber's live show is painful to listen to ... so says an Oregon woman who claims she was hit with a "sound blast" at one of his concerts that  left her with permanent ear damage.

According to the suit, Stacey Wilson Betts took her daughter to see Bieber's show in Portland, Oregon on July 14, 2010.

Betts claims it was incredibly loud inside the arena thanks to Justin's shrieking fans ... but Bieber made it MUCH MUCH WORSE when he climbed into a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola" which was pulled out into the crowd (below).

In the suit, Betts claims Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."

Betts says the gondola acted as a "sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."

As a result, Betts claims she now suffers from tinnitus ... which causes a constant pulsing, whooshing shound that makes it hard to sleep. She also complains of other hearing-related damage.

She's suing Bieber -- along with Bieb's record label, the concert promoter and the arena -- and demanding $9.23 million in damages.

We reached out to Bieber for comment -- so far, no word back.

Idol Watcher

That's what earplugs are for you dumb b*tch!! If your worried about your hearing PROTECT it

Pando

I will be filing my own lawsuit that his metallic "Back to the Future" car blinded me. The moral of this story is that Bieber is bad for ALL your senses.

Karen

so does this mean i can sue all the bands i went & saw in the 70's & 80's when i had seats in front of the speakers & before they worried about what concert noise did to our ears???

MFRN

They're called ear plugs...invest in some.

Taxman

That 9mil is better off going to Tinnitus research, I have it and it really sucks.

Annonymous

Can't stand him, but really lady? Get a life. You put yourself there...no one put a gun to your head.

Jeffrey

I saw Justin in 2010 also. The screaming girls weren't really a problem but my seat was right under the right side stage speaker. Thank goodness I brought earplugs. But I was very surprised that an act who attracts young children to what might be their first concert didn't come with a warning about volume level.

oink

Sue that lil basterd Beebs sues people, remember that Joustin Beaver law suit ? i hope she wins and also gets his crome car. sent that trash back to Canada.

Carl

How stupid. Only a moron doesn't know that you need to bring earplugs to a concert of that size.

theresa

thats the risk you take when you go to a live concert....

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I went to the monster truck rally once, I had no idea how loud it would be. It was crazy loud so I put my hands over my ears, viola.

Majestik

Good thing she never attended a Beatles concert.

ManiacalZebra

I'm suing her for making me read this ridiculous story.

AlwaysOnTimeB

Okay, this is just PLAIN dumb!!! Any live concert is loud, WTF???? I don't know, maybe she just wants her daughter to meet the Biebs in person in the court house. She can forget that!! If this law suit doesn't get tossed and burned, ALL concerts would have to stop for fear of stupid ass law suits like this one!

Justin

Damn, Americans really will try to sue for anything