Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

asianlady

I HAVE STOPPED WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL EVERSINCE TYLER AND JLO BECAME JUDGES. I DON'T LIKE BOTH OF THEM SO WITH SEACREST. NICK CANNON OF "AMERICA GOT TALENT" IS FAR BETTER THAN SEACREST.

Kim

OK...see you later because everything you say is "beautiful".....enough of your same thoughts every week, every contestant! Take care!

BlownfuelCoupe

Steven, You should now have plenty of time to Grow Up and take a Bath.

Brian Glubok

Could he look any uglier?

StanSki

What's an "ERMAHGERD"?

ladyday61

he was the only reason to watch. they chose the wrong peoplel to compete and he was the only one with the talent to judge, though he hated hurting anyone. Jlo can NOT sing and I'm just tired of looking at Randy

Kariann Hart

I think it's for the best that Steven leaves and gets back to his band. JLo had the chance to be a good judge, but she refused to provide honest critiques for fear that people wouldn't by her music, her clothes, or go to her movies. They were being paid way too much money.

steve g

IKt must be taking up to much of his DRUG time, I m not an Aerosmith, Tyler fan anyway, let alone Idol, so no loss at all to me

jmnewton6

Aerosmith is one of the greatest rock bands of all time with 40 years of success to substantiate that. Steven Tyler is a very sexy man. He is a down to earth real person with a unique and special soul. You critics can't fathom..don't hate what you can't understand.

arealrascal

I'm sure he's tired of listening to crap singers on a fake show and can't wait to get back to rock 'n' roll.

Bill Andrews

Tyler, Good jammer, along with others in past Eagles, America, Bob S. They don't right top hit's like those now day's ( couldn't get much higher ). oldies but goodies, Go figure !

In Alberta

Seeing Steve on AI, was what made me watch it. He was very entertaining, and will be missed. All the best to him,in the future with his music.

In Alberta

Steve made the show. He was very entertaining, and I won't make a point of being at the TV to watch the show, unless he comes back of course. Wish him well, but would love him back on AI.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13