Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

dunthisb4

Now lets put Lemmy Kilmeister and Courtney Love in there and pull out some real talent

Carl

Great! I'm a huge Aerosmith fan and I'd much rather get new music than see Steven judging people that we'll never hear from again after AI. It has been over a decade since their last CD of original rock music.

robin

now that steven tyler got his FAME BACK---hes says goodbye to AMERICAN IDOL!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW, talk about a USER!!

cmayes

Tyler is leaving!!!! Great news, He is such a dog, I'll go back to watching it now!!!!

dave

Now get Lopez off there and Randy and anyone else who's associated with this show and kill it.

LCS27

Oh, didin't know that. I thought both were dead (Steven and Idol)

dunthisb4

Lemmy Kilmeister and Courtney Love are the perfect replacements, and maybe they can stick that Bernie guy from Weekend at Bernies in Randys seat

moveover

Too late, Tyler! You will forever be linked with "selling out" and being associated with that lame a$$, teeny bopper karaoke show. Life is all about decisions.

asianlady

I have NOT been watching American idol eversince Tyler and J.Lo became judges. I do not like both of them. I am sure it lost a lot of audience.

Dennis D

Steve better look for a nursing home

eli

Yes please!!! :)

Rosalyn

Good ...He is one ugly mess anyway. Bye Bye Steven ..Get some decent clothes now also. You shall NOT be missed at all. You were one of the many reasons we did not continue to watch AI. Good bye forever.

HH

Aerosmith is America's greatest rock band ever, and I understand Steven's decision but I'll be sad not to see him on Idol.....

Jerry

too late, he already killed his reputation. i don't listen to aerosmith anymore.

Porcelain Cougar

American Idol, is on the way OUT!
Steve do what you do best! Rock playing live!
JLo, Enough is enough, you never could sing, bubbye..
Dawg, it was a good damn run wasn't it?
Idol is a joke these days...