Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

yup

Gene Simmons, Chaka Khan, Randy Jackson - my predictions for next season.

yasmeen

ready for IDOL to end!

big'un

No loss there.

nyc44th

As a guy who worked for the management company that broke Aerosmith in the good old days (70s) . . . I can only say 'about time!!!!'. Tyler has been an embarrassment since joining American Idol (before actually). Discrediting a great rock and roll band. Rock and roll is suppose to be about rebellion . . . not being a schmaltzy TV 'personality' like he, Gene Simmons and a couple others have become. Maybe he will get his gonads back somehow. I feel sorry for Joe Perry having to endure this BS.

Gretel

Oh dear Lord, I thought it was a picture of an albino chimp. He's not a good looking man but that has to be the worst picture I've ever seen of him.

ELLIE

WHEN SIMON LEFT I LEFT. NO WAY COULD I WATCH THAT STEVE TYLER OR J LO. GET NEW JUDGES AND I JUST MIGHT WATCH IT AGAIN.

crazy k

Good!!!! He sucked!!

Anne

Amerian Idol has gone to Hell and become a JOKE after Simon left.. Jennifer Lopez made me sick as well as the freak Steven Tyler AND the "suck up" Randy Jackson. Good riddance to all of them.

Vicky

Can't stand JLo, nasty nasty nasty, and Tyler is to good for AI. Get back to doing what you do best, rock on!!! It has run its course, time to say bye bye!

Joy Johnson

Yea Best news I"VE Heard In a long time Maybe I will lOVE THE sHOW mORE AGAIN i tHINK THEY WERE NOT THE bEST FOR THE sHOW i WILL nOT mISS EITHER OF THEM

dave

good riddance,he looks like death,if he falls asleep,they will bury him

Bessie

I will miss you ...loved seeing your attire..YOU RocK !!!

WhateverAgain

I will for one miss Steven's humor and great sensitivity. He's proved he is so much more than a rock and roller. He's a great person.

Darin

IT'S THE BEST NEWS IN 2 YEARS WITH RESPECT TO AM IDOL. STEVEN TYLER WANTED THE SHOW TO BE ABOUT HIM. HE'S ONNOXIOUS, LOUD AND UGLY AND ALMOST AS EGO DRIVEN AS SIMON. BOTTM LINE, THE SHOW IS ABOUT THE TALENT, NOT THE JUDGES. THE MINUTE THEY HIRED S.T., THEY MADE IT ABOUT THE JUDGES.
WE WILL NOW START TO WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN, UNLESS THEY GO AFTER ANOTHER EGOMANIAC. JENNIFER WAS CONSTRUCTIVE. RANDY IS RARELY CONSTRUCTIVE, AND STEVEN WAS ZERO.

todd

Stevens humor will be missed. He is hysterical and quite frankly I have no reason to watch the show anymore.