Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

Paris

don't let the screen door hit you..........

Sarat Borat

psychochuckie

Steven Tyler - was the ORIGINAL mold for the "sock monkey"

Drew

Oh darn, the two biggest douches of American Idol are quitting. It will probably make that stupid show better off.

William

I will do it for 17 million a year and do a better job than Tyler or Lopez..Also, it says a big change for Idol next year, but the article didn't say what is is....

Ken

It is about time they got rid of that ugly-ass thing. Man!! You talk about ugly- heis the epitome of it.

nikki6

Him and JLo both just used the show to get their careers back, it makes me sick. Good riddance!

MEJOR TE LARGAS DE UNA PUTA VEZ,

MIRA NO, MEJOR TE GUARDAS DE DAR LA CARA, MEJOR TE LARGAS Y ME DEJAS EN PAZ CERDO.

Audrey

Please dear American Ido- do not use Charlie Sheen or Jerry Lewis- they have not a musical clue. There are so many other qualified wonderful people to serve as judges,

cory steele

so long, T.

Always leave 'em begging for more!

Dave

Aerosmith hasn't been good in decades and ST is nothing more than a creepy clown who sold out to autozone, pnc bank, etc. No one cares stephen...might as well just stay at AI

Dylan

I know somebody who NOBODY could sya no to, and he tried out and didnt make it.

Tandilzinghotttt

The Whole Show Is Gone Down Hill if u ask me

nyc44th

if he is looking to get his credibility back . . . I doubt it will ever happen as he lost what little bit that was left with the Burger King etc commercials.

Ashlyn

Just my opinion, but I think the show should just end now. I stopped watching a couple seasons ago. It seems like the winners of American Idol don't really go anywhere with their careers. Obviously the exceptions are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and a few more. But it seems like the contestants who DON'T win go further with their careers like Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, and Jennifer Hudson. I loved Lee Dewyze, I wanna hear something from him! But yeah, for me, American Idol has gotten too old. America's Got Talent is where it's at! lol. It's nice to see a variety of talented acts.