Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mebrat24

now get rid of jlo

Keyser Söze

I'm done with a good Aerosmitth album.

I never care for Tyler in AI.

So no big loss in my book.

vickyd0912

SAD : (

Phenom

Since there is such a high turnover in judges and a plethora of singing shows, AI has run its course. It's time to let it go and let the judges and Ryan Seacrest move on to other ventures.

dman

Glad to hear this. Get back to the band Stephen! You are true rockers. Americas Rolling Stones.

ray

no big loss, he's looking worse than keith richards.

IN MY OPINION

I AM TIRED OF AMERICAN IDOL.

How many are still around?????

False HOPE!

Majestik

Okay, you had me until "America's greatest ever rock band". Um, NO!!!

shelley

Oh, that's too bad. I liked him as a judge. He was different and funny. oh, well, back to his true love is where he should go.

charley

GOOD..THIS GUY LOOKS LIKE AN ALBINO CHIMP...AN OLD ABINO CHIMP...AND YES NOW GET RID OF J-WORESKANK...AND MAYBE ILL WATCH AGAIN.....WHO THE PHK AM I KIDDING, I AINT GONNA WATCH THIS CRAP.....MY SHOW IS ON WEDNESDAYS AND I WILL NOT MISS THE MIDDLE TO WATCH SOME OLD AZZ MENAPAUSAL WHORE (J-HO) AND A ROCKER THATS ABOUT TO DIE OF A HEART ATTACK...AND DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON THAT APE RANDY JACKSON....ALL IN ALL THE SHOW RAN ITS COURSE AND SUCKS NOW...THE WINNERS ALWAYS BECOME FAILURE WHEN IT COMES TIME TO PUT OUT AN CD.....THE ONLY ONE THAT MADE IT IN MY BOOK WAS KELLEY CLARKSON!

Lo From Wisco

Good move. I saw Aerosmith last weekend in Milwaukee and they were still kicking some serious ass.

Truth

IN OTHER WORDS HE GOT NO RAISE. NEXT. #TRUTH!!

DaveT

.....tell me what it takes to le-et yo go....hee eee eeee...
Steven's an awesome showman, he should be back on stage rockin' the world, he's sat long enough

moe l.

Tyler's quitting AI, but why'd you put up a picture of a monkey?

Kathy S

Get rid of Randy Jackson too. JLo is ok but get someone who really knows good talent.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments