« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sugar Ray Leonard

I Coulda BEAT

Manny Pacquiao

7/12/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_v4j1i5tu_0_wrb1q597
Sugar Ray Leonard says ... in his prime, he could've taken Manny Pacquiao.

It's a great theoretical match up -- here's the tale of the tape:

Sugar Ray Leonard (36-3-1)
Height -- 5 ft 10 in
Reach -- 74 in
Notable victories -- Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns, Marvin Hagler
Fun Fact -- Served as host and mentor on "The Contender"

Manny Pacquiao (54-4-2)
Height -- 5 ft 6 in
Reach -- 67 in
Notable victories -- Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley
Fun Fact -- LOVES Karaoke.

Discuss.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

whocares

sugar go beat off yourself

Fat Mike

Of course he would. Sugar Ray's a legend. Met him about 6 years ago, and he couldn't have been nicer.

DaveT

Would be a good back-and-forth fight, but have to give it to Sugar Ray with his speed and stamina.
What's with the bossy woman grabbing his arm and giving orders? Bet she's fun to live with :D

DopeLikeCoke

I bet SRL would win, especially if MP wasn't allowed to dope up.

Joe

I can beat pacman too if those same blind paid off judges that judged the pacquaio Bradley fight would judge my fight against him.
Sugar ray and pacman would probably be one of the greatest fights ever. I can't picture either one of them backing down.. And both throwing non stop punches.

spokenword

Johnny Tapia would have given Pacquaio a hell of a fight.

Cirrus Unicus

Sugar's got the reach. Done deal.

Truth

Coked up or not coked up? Sugar Ray also got a lot of decisions by being flashy and putting on a show. Especially for the Hagler split decision which was a joke.

Truth

Also, Hagler asked for a rematch but Sugar Ray retired. He knew he got away with it.

KnuckleDragger

Sugar Ray lookin' like he oughta be on COPS nowadays.

MrHarrybawls2010

Dustin "Screech" Diamond could beat Manny at this point. As for Leonard, he was always better at cheating on his wives than he was as a boxer.

Rodney

What a joke He got TKO's in his last fight against Hector Macho Camacho 15 years ago and The macho man was no puncher. I'd love to see it if only to see Sugar Scared and running like a little girl...What an EGO on this idiot only on Sugar and that was Ray Robinson TBH

THIN LIZZY

That would've been one hell of a fight

Manny Pacman

Sugar Ray was the best finisher of all time, if he got you in trouble it was lights out. Manny's a great boxer also, but I think Sugar Ray is the best ever.

BigMunKnee

I enjoy(ed) BOTH fighters, and all I'll say is that would be one HELLUVA' fight!!! Of course it's easy for S.R. to "chirp" that he could take Manny. Dude's retired. That said, I would rather pay for a Sugar Ray(obviously in his prime) /Pac-Man fight than for that loud-mouthed/ducker vs. Pac-Man!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments