Usher

Wants to SETTLE With Ex

In Wake of Jet Ski Tragedy

7/12/2012 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0712_usher_tameka_tmz
Usher
has changed his tune and now wants to up his ante to settle his epic child support/custody war with Tameka Raymond after the jet ski accident that left his stepson Kyle brain dead ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Usher spoke with Tameka over the weekend and suggested that they settle up, but he did not significantly change his offer -- 50/50 custody with a very slight increase in child support.  Tameka said no way.

But apparently Usher softened after the conversation, because our sources say he met with his lawyers earlier this week and instructed them to craft a new proposal that would give Tameka "a majority" of custody, though the sources did not specify the exact breakdown.  We're told Usher is also raising his child support offer "significantly."

As for Usher's motivation ... we're told he's very conscious that Tameka is suffering and it's not a good move to continue the fight under the circumstances.

We're told the offer has not been presented to Tameka yet, but our sources say she's open to a "reasonable settlement."

Calls to lawyers on both sides have not been returned.

bb600

To be honest, given the fact that she was out of the COUNTRY when this happened this would of looked good for his case. All of these children need a full time care taker. What he did was honorable but I dont know either one of them are capable of being full time parents. If I was Usher I would of recommended that my mother or someone else be the primary care taker. Sad situation. These kids are worst off than kids in the ghetto raising themselves.

Dean

He is an idiot , he should fight her to death . Even after her son is brain death and its her fault for leaving them alone while she should take care of him. She still insist of more money and less custody for Usher .
This woman is pure evil sorry to say that but there are no emotions in her at all I even doubt she cries because of her sons death but more that his dad doesn't have to pay her anymore when his son is death. I think she will try to keep him on this maschines as long as she can to still get her support . I wonder what the dad of the boy has to say about her parenting

Marilyn

It's hard to understand some of the comments posted on here. This young boy is dead and this mother has lost her son. Have some compassion, for heavens sake.

She belongs to the same couch jumping group as Tiny Tom. My comment for mentioning such has been previously deleted. So, this is a test.

Trina

I am so tired of these woman having children for money. All she sees is dollar signs. Usher I am sure has offered her a fair amount of money and is wanting to be a part of his childrens lives. Women like this makes me sick. Usher is too nice to her, period. She is a ghetto gold digger whom uses children against her men. Usher went out of his way to help her out in this situation and went to be by her side and she STILL wont budge. She makes me sick and Usher needs to wait it out a month or so while she greives and then continue to fight for his kids. This is a tragic accident and I feel bad for the loss of a child but it doesnt change who she is and what she continues to do.

MzTalka

no one knows what has happened. usher is known to be a hoe himself. yo people are ignorant and shallow. he aint getting full custody like he is really going to be with them half the time. get it together she just got the worst news any mother can get. prayers for peace and strength

Sunshine

I've always like Usher from the beginning of his career and through the years. He is a gentleman and a humanitarian. Much Love and Respect to him.

CJ

This woman is a golddigging ho I always thought that even before they were married with kids. She is now going to use this tragedy to her advantage, she has kids only to make money you hear!!

Scotty

She is grieving over her son, but still fighting for money! Has she learned nothing?

realtalk

i have no hatred towards tameka like most here do. but i'm wondering why she doesn't want custody to be 50/50. she must know something that we don't know.

SNOOP 4 LIFE

GOOD FOR YOU USHER IF THISIS TRUE, THIS IS IN FACT TRUE, THIS IS SUCH A TRAGEDY AND NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS...GOOD MOVE USHER

WhoAmi

I see, so now that he's a vegetable and is brain dead, go ahead and give the wife more custody. JERK Where were you when the little guy needed you when he could communicate????

Yet another Scientology divorce

squeeky

Sorry this happened, but he is brain dead. Lets hope she does the RIGHT thing and donates his organs.
There are many children waiting for organs...this would
be an awesome thing for her to do.

jackie

I feel so bad for this family. No one knows their true personalities so we can not judge. I have always admired Usher and he just increased my admiration for him by being open to compromise. Usher I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments