Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

YouDontSay

Why dont they get someone like berry gordy?

Michael C, Teniente

Jennifer who? Wasn't that who she was before she signed on with AI? Her star was fading fast, then she hooked up with AI and boom...she was on top, again.

Give it a year and a half and we'll be saying: Jennifer who, again?

mike t.

Kardashian Ass

Stupid move. Who had heard anything about JLo for at least 5 years before AI?

tlcmk

I stopped watching when Simon left, and even then I only watched weeks when they had decent music.

South Beach

Gave this show up 2 years ago, don't miss it at all. Much prefer "The Voice" altho' CA gets a bit carried away at times, as a whole, it's much better than AI. Stern is rocking his new slot at "Americas Got Talent" with Osbourne and Mandel.

"X Factor" is just...no. Sorry Brits.

mamamia

Other news agencies are reporting that she got booted out... asking for another raise to 17 mil only it backfired on her. Now she's making it sound like it was her decision to go....BS

Christine

Goodbye and good riddance. Show sucked since Paula left.

Ash

I haven't watched an episode since Paula left........her drunkantics made the show.

Michelle

I think IDOL has just about run its course. I've been a faithful watcher but its getting old. Not so sure its a good idea for Jennifer and Steven to leave, both are getting old. I like them both but Steven just can't sing anymore and I'm afraid Jennifer's career isn't going to soar without IDOL. But what the heck, they probably already have a fortune and don't need the $$!

Kmr1

She's so bipolar.

jackie

JOLO... is leaving idol good i stop watching because of her

Carolan

Maybe Seacrest needs to go too ....

Ratings Needed

I have to laugh at her comment of wanting to 'get back to doing the other things I do'.... we have unidated with her since she started on AI!!! Commericals like crazy, videos...it got to be where isn't she? AI gave her lagging career a big jump start look for her career to sag again. I just hope they get 'judges' that are qualified to judge singers, people of EXPERIENCE not little kids....unless they don't want it to be a grown up show.

Kariann Hart

The reality is NO judge is worth the kind of money Jennifer and Steven were given. All they had to do was be honest and fair to each contestant. No phony standing ovations or dumb praise. I hope Idol can do better next time.

Ashlyn

The whole show is only a popularity contest anyway. Remember Sanjaya, anyone?