Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Wishbone

"back to the other things that I do"..what would that be? Sleeping with ugly gay men (boys)...razor commercials...lip syncing to a paid to attend audience...yeah Jennifer...your life is sooo busy. With any luck she'll disappear..again.

nicole

Thank you, now if Seaskum could just follow suit. I'm honestly sick of him more than any of them.

nof

I called this yesterday, the day before yesterday -

And last week.

Last year I wrote a fix for the show -

Which I knew no one would take seriously -

Because it called for serious changes.

It's more than playjng musical chairs, people.

Porcelain Cougar

This made my day! Thank you TMZ!!

nof

@ She added, "We had an amazing run."

_____________________________

Define amazing-run.

Connie

I was a fan of Jennifer Lopez until her romance with a younger guy while still married. As a mother, I don't understand how she could do this in front of her twins. I chose not to watch American Idol because of my feelings. With her gone as a judge, I may tune in again.

kronenburg

Which would be what? Paying young gay men to pretend to be your boyfriend?

your own luck

She is quitting because Idol revitalized her career and now she thinks she can stay in the limelight without it. I think not.

nof

Would love to hear a tape of the radio show.

i.e. Ryan Seacrest summoning-up surprise at this "sudden" announcement.

The the World knew was coming -

Back in April.

Seacrest:

"No kidding! Is that right? You're not coming back, hu?!"

annebella

Run Ryan Run!! Get off the sinking ship!!

Birdsht

YOU CANT FIRE ME I QUIT.

She sucked bad and was fast forward friendly. Paula Abdul had more to say than this muppet

Glad to see her go

nof

Meanwhile they had Jennifer's exit-interview.

On March 18th.

Asking for half the previous years salary - back -

3Storms

Not surprising. She only used the show long enough to stage a comeback, and now she's gotten it, she's done. And in a few more years when she becomes a has-been again she'll be looking to come back to TV.

nof

Too bad Ernest Borgnine died -

He was gonna host next.

AV

Thank god Jlo is admitting she is leaving Idol, she had no choice, leave or get fired, that choice was made months ago by News Corp, but she not admitting she been fired or was going to be replace, just like when Sony Records fired her back in 2010, and Ryan you knew along back when he sign his new 40 million contact that the judges were going to replace because of poor TV ratings and that the show need “New Fresh Energy” for season 12, anyway Jlo better find another career because she doesn’t have any career now that she is leaving Idol, and I don’t mean concert tours, because that tour is already in trouble and falling apart due to artist already quitting the tour before even got started and that the fans are demanding their money back, putting the whole tour of being canceled completely. Jlo, Failure after failure it doesn’t seem to amazed anyone anymore.