Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Seldombinlaid

Charlie can save the show:) To bad Simon, and Paula left.

chucklehead

maybe larry the cable guy and charles manson are available.

Premium234

JLO quit because she could not manipulate the finals. It was so obvious she did not want Philp Philps to win.

nof

Now, yeah, if the show goes naked -

I'll again watch.

So long as they promise and in writing.

Not to bring Elton John on board.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy.

Have "Yellow Brick Road" sitting in my CD collect.

But I wanna see him with clothes on.

A LOT of clothes on...

MsSuburbia

Idol should quit itself.

Joey

SHE WAS SO PREJEDICED IN HER JUDGING. IF YOU WERE HISPANIC SHE WOULD DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU ON THE SHOW.
SKANK YOU FOR LEAVING J-BLO

Premium234

Charles Barkley would be the bomb! He would say it like it is!

Cujeaux

Good! Not that I watch the show anyway, but from what little I saw, she was so jealous of Steven. Of course she had to show that she wasn't a left over.

So sick of hearing about her threatening to leave - like the show wasn't a lifeline for her fading career. Idol can't sustain the salaries that none of them deserve - ESP Seacrest! What does that moron do that's worthy of millions?

kandjmom

They should make Jimmy Levine a judge, add a current star, and rotate former AI winners in the third spot.

nof

Always blown away.

I'm not hired/sought based on my posts alone.

Not only am I the greatest poster in the history
of TMZ -

I'm consistently incredible.

Provide free and mystical rants un matched by anyone here or on staff.

But Harvey figures, hey, this way I get him for free.

Mark

I say the next judges will be Richard Simmons, Weird Al Yankovic and Betty White.

nof

80,000 come here - world-wide - just to read me.

I have my own following.

People that seek my comments out -

"Wonder what Nof wrote..."

"Wonder if Nof came to this thread, hmmmm."

They think I don't know this.

Justathought

Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out!

Margie

No great loss...Glad they are both leaving. They are the ones who dragged the show down. AI might have a chance, depending on who they get to replace those two has-beens. I'll wait and see who they get before I decide if Iwatch again. Another change they have got to make...Limit the number of calls or texts from one phone. Keep it real, no more robo calls jacking up the number of calls received. They we might actually see a talent contest instead of a popularity contest.

ju

ok randy your turn dog its your turn to quit idol to