Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

HeeHee

Steven and Jennifer are both singers (with active careers) which was their 1st career to begin with. You had to know that they both would go back to it eventually.

It's time to end this show. Most of the winners on it suck and WON'T have very long careers like Steven and Jennifer. Time to say Bye Bye to American Idiot!

Giggles

With Steve, Jennifer and Ryan saying he may leave....The show should be cancelled....Leave while the leaving is Good AI has been a great show....Always enjoyed it. Although I won't be watching this up coming seasing :(

dd

I'll miss Tyler....

viewer

Thank goodness and good riddance! She ain't "all that" like she thinks she is. she can take her diva self and hightail it outta there.

Renter

Simon did such a great job on this show because he was HONEST! Some people thought he was rude but I thought he did a great job. The rest sugar coat everything or pick their favorites and then go crazy over their favorites when they come on. You have to find good judges or the people won't watch. There are millions of talented singers in this country but you have to have some luck to keep going. I don't think the best singers are even auditioning for this show. There is too much competition and too many reality shows--especially talent shows. It's not the only one in town anymore.

boner

BEST news of the day get that slut no talent off all shows.
She has never had any talents, why keep her? Your Fired.

gia

i dont watch the show but come one, THIS IS THE EASIEST JOB they can have.

AMOR_ONE

Having her on there AT ALL was laughable!!!! She is a horrible singer, an even worse "actress" (if that is possible!) and her dancing days (a la "Living Color") are distant memories. The best thing to ever happen to her was Selena being murdered and the industry using her to make a quick cash grab from the Hispanic/Latino community...that they still milk! Having her judge others on talent is just a hillarious notion all together!!!!

nmcurtis

I hate to see them both go ... they brought a new flavor to the show that I liked. Its understandable though that they need to get back to their careers. Wonder what's gonna happen ... Randy going too???

Renter

I'm sorry to see her and Steven Tyler go. I can't imagine who they will replace them with. You need singers or songwriters judging. Someone mention Kelly Osborne? Really?? I say get Gene Simmons!!! What a hoot he is.

dbinford

After finding out how the producers treated the contestants at auditions for the show in Chicago this week, I would say it's time for American Idol to lay down and die. The producers were very rude and disrespctful to the contestants. And my daughter witnessed them giving one guy a golden ticket to come back and then later take it away from him to give to someone else. because they ran low on them. My daughter was disappointed that she didn't make it through but she was more disappointed after seeing the selection process. And if she had it to do over again she wouldn't waste her time.

Bird

I'm sorry, but who gives a flying f_ck about Jennifer Lopez? She hasn't done anything meaningful in at least 10 years. She's not the "huge" star everyone thinks she is. Her movies suck (with the exception of Selena), and no one has listened to her music since her first album came out in 1999. She's more famous for the drama in her life than she is for her personal achievements. Who cares if she leaves? Good f_cking riddance. I can't stand that bitch.

sallieirion

Yahoo! So happy she leaving!

Mike

Yo-Yo dog should have been the first one to walk the plank. He's useless.

Brian

Who the heck cares? Monty Hall himself couldn't make this show worth watching if he was the head judge.