Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Brian

Who the heck cares? I wouldn't warch the show if Monty Hall himself were the head judge.

Charles Martin

I like Jennifer Lopez and Brittany Spears, but maybe artists that lipsync thier way through their own concerts are not the best people to be judging other singers anyway.

hitthedeckboys

Now someone teach her to quit marriage and men..She will have a full deck...

smorbie

let it die a natural death

soapstix

I hate to see Steven and Jennifer go. I thought they brought something to the show that had been lacking. The comments that were actually meant to help instead of tear down a person was a relief from Simon. I know a lot of people thought the show would be over without him. I think it can still go on, and get even better, IF someone finds the right panel. If not, I am going to miss AI.

Premium234

new judges...Charles Barkley, Charlie Sheen and Jim Rome! that would be a group!

el polacko

great news. now dump that moron, randy, and start fresh.

pepermint patty

I loved the present judge combo but would like to see Jack Black or Steve Martin be judges

lesveeexp

Steven look's like the walking dead transvestite out for a midnight snack !

bornunderprotest

i'm going to so miss her ample vocabulary..that's "crazy". [wink-wink,get it?]

Holly

Quite honestly the show was over once Simon left. It should just end it's not the same anymore and I quit watching. Simon made the show. Once he left the show should have as well.

GGG

Buh-bye

Connie

It was made public last year that she wouldn't be back - this was before the season was even over so it's not a big surprise. It's made her popular again that's all she wanted. As for Steven I loved him on idol but am glad he's going back to his "roots". yayyy! I think Idol's day is over - it was a good run - go out with a bang. Too many other similar shows out there these days. No new ideas from hollywood anymore it seems just remakes and redos on others boot straps.

pepermint patty

I love present judge trio & ryan but think Jack Black or Steve Martin would be great

jval247

How in the hell is this show still even on the air? You would think their ratings would of plummeted by now