Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

IceGypsy

Still love the show, really sad to see Steven go. Jennifer was okay, but won't miss her. I do hope they stick with the idea of having other musicians on the judging panel. They really do need people there that know what they are talking about and aren't afraid to say what they are thinking.

No comment

She learned how to lipsync for the movie Selena, and has been able to sell herself as a singer ever since. She was terrible as a judge, and said that one guy this season was the best vocal performance she has heard in 50 years. (Although she is not 50). X-factor isn't going to make it, so bring Simon back.

j

Good.

Good riddance you spoiled creep!

Carrie Boutillier

You have to admitt it is getting kinda old. The same ole same ole. Show two weeks of tone deaf people who cannot sing, and watch them argue with the judges, and then watch the finalists, and the ones who can truly sing are voted off, and the ones who stink are always left to perform. Time to put it to bed.

bornunderprotest

little miss,"that was crazy", won't be too missed by me. for someone who has been around the block,and did not just fall out of a tree, yesterday;she sure has a limited vocabulary. "that was crazy",gets tired after,say; two thousand times or so. you're a teachers daughter,and you've been around articulate influential people. one would hope, that you'd evolve a more elgant mode of communication,than a silly adolsecent throw away phrase,such as "that was crazy"

Jim

Who gives a rat's ass.

Ijustwanttosaythis

Thank Goodness! They are both a Mess! Get some real judges on, ones who aren't so hung up on Themselves. Steven Tyler needs to take a serious look at himself. It would be a shame for him to go down as a crazy kook, instead of an artist. JL? I don't think she know who the heck she is and what she really wants. Oh, and big hair went out in the 80's Jenny from the block.

Alycen

If Britney Spears comes to IDOL as a judge, I will not watch the show again.

Terry

American Idol died yesterday when Steven quit. Who cares about J-Lo.

Debbie

I'd really like to see all three judges replaced. We need some new blood in there. Would be a new start.

self-employed

Boo hoo hoo. What a drama queen.

janet

This show is like beating a dead horse. Who cares.

Elliot

How would Janet Jackson and/or Elton John do as judges?

Bu

American Idol finally jumped the Shark! It's all over now no matter who they put in the judges seats!

musiccafe9

I am a fan of J.Lo and Steven and quiet frankly I am glad they are leaving because they deserve better. LOL. AI suck. They don't know how to pick their AI idols. I thought the people supposed to vote now for the last several years they have everyone wondering why so and so won over so and so. Wish J.Lo and Steven well. I know they can do greater things then AI.