Michael Clarke Duncan

HOSPITALIZED

Cardiac Arrest

7/13/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_clark_duncan_omarosa_01
Michael Clarke Duncan is in the intensive care unit at an L.A. hospital after going into cardiac arrest this morning ... and might have died if not for the swift action of his girlfriend Omarosa Manigault.

TMZ has learned ... Omarosa discovered the "Green Mile" actor in a state of cardiac arrest just before 2:00 AM.

We're told Omarosa performed CPR and was able to resuscitate the 54-year-old.

MCD was transported to a nearby hospital where he was immediately admitted to the ICU.

Sources tell us ... Duncan's heart rate is now stable and Omarosa is by his side. Doctors are performing tests to figure out why the actor's heart stopped in the first place.

update_bar
MCD's publicist tells us, "According to doctors, Michael Clarke Duncan suffered a myocardial infarction early this morning. He is now stable and we look forward to his full recovery."

0713_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

scoopie

Omarosa made a 180 degree turn from what she was known for. Be well.

Bridget

I love MCD! He is one of the few celebs that seem to genuinely appreciate their success in the business. Get well soon MCD!! Thank you Omarosa.

The PMG

Get well soon, Michael.

Lacy

Wishing you a full recovery, get well soon.

Rae

That woman just saved your life. Marry her!

Amber

Thank goodness!!! I don't watch the show, but maybe she will fade away again!!!! There is just something about this woman that irritate's the Heck out of me!!!!!

Leslie Wilson

Well that's the first time she has done something worthwhile. Good for her and get well soon MCD!

TMP

I wish him the best. I'm still bummed that he's with that woman... she seems awful... she best not have had anything to do with any of it... but it's good she knew CPR.

Joann

Poor Omarosa, she forgot to make sure he signed the new Will she drafted for him before drugging him.

Celeb Gossip Addict

They are a really darling couple. I bet he's happy he picked a smart girl over a trophy.

StoopidHead

I hope he makes a full recovery. I enjoy his acting.

But People who are found in cardiac arrest generally have been that way for longer than the 8 minute brain death window.

Witnessed cardiac arrest patients fair much better.

Hopefully he wasn't in cardiac arrest to begin with and Omarosa just incorrectly thought it was.

Melinda

He's such an awesome guy! I'm not a huge fan of Omarosa but so glad she caught this in time, kudos to her! Every second counts in these horrible situations.

pH

Having a few myself. Its no fun seeing someone go thru a heart attack. The road is going to be a little tough. If anyone can get back on top and quick after a Heart Attack its Michael Clarke Duncan!

me