Miley Cyrus

The Return of the

Mysterious Scratch Marks

7/13/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0713_miley_cyrus_x17It's been a few months since Miley Cyrus denied having a self-mutilation problem -- but today in L.A., the singer surfaced with several ominous-looking scrapes on her left forearm.

Back in April, Miley sported similar marks on her arm, causing a firestorm of speculation that the singer had been harming herself.

Miley responded to the rumors, insisting she does NOT self-mutilate ... but she never explained what caused the mystery marks. Now, they've suddenly returned.

We reached out to Miley's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

sleezy_skeezy

Miley is "TOUGHER THAN NAILS", nice try though....

gill

I think the kid is messed up, but doesn't she have a lot of dogs/puppies? They can scratch.

Mackenzie

Yeah, it looks like dog scratches. If these were cut marks, we would have seen 2 weeks worth of pics with these looking much worse, since they are practically healed. The skin isn't even really broken. Light day?

misfit

no work back, too bad.

IceGypsy

Some people are just prone to getting cuts, scrapes, bruises. I get like that from thorns, or grasses when I'm hiking all the time. I am also somewhat clumsy...all the women in my family are If I had to explain every scratch / bruise I had there wouldn't be enough time in the day. lol

Cynthian

She has a few dogs - that is what they look like to me.

delerious

Last month you had shocking news that she found a puppy at Walmart and kept it. Um HELLO!!!! Puppies will scratch the crap out of you, I am a groomer and come home looking like I was in a sward fight sometimes! TMZ Your stories are really getting tired!

Gailwalk1

Yeah she doesnt have to explain where they came from...shes an adult and she can take care of herself.

big'un

It doesn't look like anything more than cat scratch to me. Maybe she got them pruning the roses. LOL right, the pampered pooch probably don't wipe her own Nose.

Joann

I was going to suggest it's from her puppy but that might be a stretch.

TRUTHSAYER

Maybe she's just hungry.

karlew

You gotta be kidding me. The kid has a couple of superficial scratches on her arm and she's a self mutilator? Lame, stupid and desparate reporting.

ManiacalZebra

If she is self-mutilating (and recurring marks lean toward yes), the fact that they are where they can easily been seen should be taken as a cry for help. Those who don't want to be stopped are more likely to harm where they aren't public, or they make an effort to hide them.

Spiffy

You can see the cuts more clearly at ROL. They are three parallel lines and an "X". She's obviously pretending to be a cutter to get attention, even making sure they are right under her new tattoo. She's desperate.

Kirsten

omg. maybe she was playing with her new puppy. . that has claws. . i have two HUGE scars going down my arm from before i got my cat declawed. if it was mutilation it would be in more places then just her arms and since we've seen her whole body i'm doubting we'd miss it