Sage Stallone

Of Overdose

7/14/2012 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article

update_bar
UPDATE 10:22 PM PT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sage's death does NOT appear to be a suicide.  We're told there was NO suicide note found at the scene.

Sources tell us officials DID find "numerous empty pill bottles" in the area where Sage's body was discovered. No word on what types of medication the pill bottles were for.

We're told an autopsy is scheduled for some time in the next 48 hours.

UPDATE 5:15 PM PT:
Sylvester Stallone's rep, Michelle Bega, tells TMZ, "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone.  His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha.  Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man.  His loss will be felt forever."

6:04 PM PT:
Now here's a crazy picture -- the L.A. County Coroner van, flanked by a celebrity tour filled with snap-happy tourists. Welcome to Hollywood, folks.

0713_coronoer_van_2

071312_sage_stallone_coroner_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Sage Stallone
-- Sylvester Stallone's son -- has died and sources tell us the cause was an overdose of pills.

The details surrounding the death are still unclear .. but we're told he was found in his L.A. home by either a maid or his girlfriend. Paramedics were called to the home and pronounced him dead at the scene.

0713_sage_house_tmz
Sources tell us authorities are trying to determine if the death was intentional or accidental.

We're told Sylvester is a "wreck."

Sage famously made his film debut alongside his father in the 1990 movie "Rocky 5" -- playing the role of Rocky's son Robert Balboa.

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article_sub
He went on to act and direct in several films ... including the 1996 film "Daylight."

Sage's mother is Sasha Czack.

0713_sage_stallone_remembering_footer

patrick

anyone else notice the tourist van in the background? Disgraceful.

Maxx

Another dead celebrity & or celebrity relative. Suicide or not - 'surrounded by numerous prescription medication bottles' is the typical Hollywood red flag. I'm not shedding 1 empathetic tear - for a good kid, screwed up by money, family & fame. Worst thing for this kid, if he had grown up as the son of an Iowa corn farmer, is not getting his fave girl to accompany to the high school sock hop. Peace Out, Maxx.

carolyn

Sorry to hear..but lets see how long folks talk about this drug death..as long as they did whitney..or better yet they still talking about chris brown beating rihanna...get the hell over it... she sure has....oh my drugs arent limited to one race... believe that!

sharon

So sad, My condolences to the families.

Katye

I don't believe in assuming anything. I went down with a heart attack and never did a drug in my lifetime. He may have taken a Prescription Drug that did not coincide with him. He is gone don't make judgment just allow the family their time and leave them alone. I could not imagine my daughter leaving me so soon, but when I was in the hospital I worried about leaving her.

kazeem

Its painful

arustam

соболезную семье и близким!

Nishima

Sage Stallone's Life In Photos.Sage Stallone as he will be remembered by many, with his father in Rocky V http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3390180

sara

ITS ALWAYS SAD WHEN SOMEONE YOU LOVE PASSES....MAY R.I.P...

Doug

If you want to say welcome to Hollywood and only refer to the Hollywood tour, you're hypocrites. The picture taken is probably by paparazzi. But who isn't a hypocrite, I mean I am because I'm looking at this site.

BROWNEYEDGIRL

RIP Sage. So sorry for your loss Mr. Stallone.

Judy Kay

Nothing sadder than a child dying before their parents..you never get over that loss

Essie M

We, including my self, swarm to this site like a bunch of buzzing insects. But after reading about Stallone's son, I am done with it. TMz made a comment about the tourists in the bed of 1/2 baked pickup…..but you what? What the hell are all of us giving credence to those who prey on a death of a son?

carmen

Poor young man - he doesn't even care to smile at the camera... I can relate to this tragedy.

carmen