Sage Stallone

Of Overdose

7/14/2012 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article

update_bar
UPDATE 10:22 PM PT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sage's death does NOT appear to be a suicide.  We're told there was NO suicide note found at the scene.

Sources tell us officials DID find "numerous empty pill bottles" in the area where Sage's body was discovered. No word on what types of medication the pill bottles were for.

We're told an autopsy is scheduled for some time in the next 48 hours.

UPDATE 5:15 PM PT:
Sylvester Stallone's rep, Michelle Bega, tells TMZ, "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone.  His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha.  Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man.  His loss will be felt forever."

6:04 PM PT:
Now here's a crazy picture -- the L.A. County Coroner van, flanked by a celebrity tour filled with snap-happy tourists. Welcome to Hollywood, folks.

0713_coronoer_van_2

071312_sage_stallone_coroner_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Sage Stallone
-- Sylvester Stallone's son -- has died and sources tell us the cause was an overdose of pills.

The details surrounding the death are still unclear .. but we're told he was found in his L.A. home by either a maid or his girlfriend. Paramedics were called to the home and pronounced him dead at the scene.

0713_sage_house_tmz
Sources tell us authorities are trying to determine if the death was intentional or accidental.

We're told Sylvester is a "wreck."

Sage famously made his film debut alongside his father in the 1990 movie "Rocky 5" -- playing the role of Rocky's son Robert Balboa.

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article_sub
He went on to act and direct in several films ... including the 1996 film "Daylight."

Sage's mother is Sasha Czack.

0713_sage_stallone_remembering_footer

James C. L'Angelle

Latest : Stallone divorces, steroid bust and impotency lawsuit, see:

Scar

Sad news. Many people didn't like the 5th installment of Rocky but I enjoyed it a lot and his son did great in that movie. May he rest in peace.

dlux1968

This is truly disheartening. He had a autistic brother. Years ago I read that the stress of Sly dealing with his initial fame and his son's autism significantly contributed to Sly and Sage's mother Sasha divorcing. That doesn't make too sense to me, but that was what was reported years ago when they divorced in the early '80's and I strongly assume his parents' divorce and dealing with his brother must have greatly affected Sage's life. I actually thought Sage's acting was the best thing about Rocky V. He's acting was really pretty good, especially working with a weak script. I had read about him over the years and he seemed like he was probably a low key, interest guy. I'm not a huge Kill Bill and Grindhouse fan, but they still are interesting movies and Sage's production company was involved in producing them. So sad.

FRGriffin

This is so sad.

romanisking

Crack kills

road_angel

What a Devastating loss, and a shock. I remember Sage in the Rocky films , and in the movie Day light he will be greatly missed by those who loved him and new of him. R.I.P Sage gone to soon. My Condolences to his family during this very sad time

Ralph camero

I'm sad, I hop for the best, for his dad & mom.
I never know him, but he was A good son:(
my hater gos out you an all,
GOD BLESS YOU:(
ralph

Bill f

I have no sympathy for these drug invested morons they do this to themselves all the time. It is their choice. They come from rich families and can't handle the pressure of fame and fortune because they are selfish little turds. They need to wise up and find the real meaning of life, and the value of friends and helping others, and becoming less selfish and self centered.

vimal26

may his soul rest in peace it's hard time for you selvester :((((

Chaps

RIP Sage, and to Sly, keep your chin up.

PrincessJ

Sage Stallone, pills found, he lived like Howard Hughes, he was found alone in his trashed house, he committed suicide, he was always a very trouble kid, well, when your family isolates you and puts their attention on the other siblings, you as the isolated one will take your life, and leave no note!!!! Maybe my own dad wanted to be revived when he did it to himself, but maybe not.

PrincessJ

Sage Stallone used to take Karate at my Karate school. I remember when his mother Sasha brought him in. Did you know he had a mental disorder, like Autism or something similar. The kid was never quite right. He had a brother too, and that kid was great on the karate floor. Sage signed up and showed one time and then never again. I remember him well.

PrincessJ

Sly is Dyslexic, so is Tom Cruise! And so is an ex boyfriend of mine is, so that is a bad disorder. You see words backwards, and you are kind of F..cked up! It's a sad state. Stallone's kid was a mess. They hid him away and forgot he existed. Stallone was into his daughter and wife Jennifer Flavin.

PrincessJ

I used to take karate at Jun Chong Tae Kwon Do Karatein Beverly Hills, CA in 1986. They met with Sasha and Sage and she thought Sage taking martial arts would help his mental state which was not good. I think it was ADHD. That's what it was. Maybe Dyslexic, but was always it was kept under wraps. I would not be surprised if it was suicide!

Emma

Can you all just wait until the results come back before you start calling someone a drug addict or alcoholic??? None of you know what really happened to Sage. I have hated Sly Stallone for many many years, he is a douchebag, and I came to that conclusion by watching an interview that Sage had given at one time. He never gave the attention or respect to his sons as he did to his new family he was too busy hooking up with the ladies. Even People magazine had interviewed Sly years ago about Sergeoh's autism and he said he bailed on his son because he couldn't deal with it. He would just write the checks. Be a MAN. Be a FATHER. Sage was a loner because he said prior he didn't know who to trust. "You don't know if they like you for you or who you're related to". Ppl that were his friends in childhood would take things as souveniers from his house, that's probably why the housekeeper was not allowed in his room. Sage had more talent in his pinky then Sly will ever have. It's a shame that he's gone. AGAIN, I say please stop saying he is a drug addict, let the tests confirm that first before you smear his name. He can't defend himself anymore.