Sage Stallone

Of Overdose

7/14/2012 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article

update_bar
UPDATE 10:22 PM PT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sage's death does NOT appear to be a suicide.  We're told there was NO suicide note found at the scene.

Sources tell us officials DID find "numerous empty pill bottles" in the area where Sage's body was discovered. No word on what types of medication the pill bottles were for.

We're told an autopsy is scheduled for some time in the next 48 hours.

UPDATE 5:15 PM PT:
Sylvester Stallone's rep, Michelle Bega, tells TMZ, "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone.  His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha.  Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man.  His loss will be felt forever."

6:04 PM PT:
Now here's a crazy picture -- the L.A. County Coroner van, flanked by a celebrity tour filled with snap-happy tourists. Welcome to Hollywood, folks.

0713_coronoer_van_2

071312_sage_stallone_coroner_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Sage Stallone
-- Sylvester Stallone's son -- has died and sources tell us the cause was an overdose of pills.

The details surrounding the death are still unclear .. but we're told he was found in his L.A. home by either a maid or his girlfriend. Paramedics were called to the home and pronounced him dead at the scene.

0713_sage_house_tmz
Sources tell us authorities are trying to determine if the death was intentional or accidental.

We're told Sylvester is a "wreck."

Sage famously made his film debut alongside his father in the 1990 movie "Rocky 5" -- playing the role of Rocky's son Robert Balboa.

0713_sage_stallone_suicide_dead_article_sub
He went on to act and direct in several films ... including the 1996 film "Daylight."

Sage's mother is Sasha Czack.

0713_sage_stallone_remembering_footer

AnaLucia

I love TMZ but, really?
"6:04 PM PT: Now here's a crazy picture -- the L.A. County Coroner, flanked by a celebrity tour van filled with snap-happy tourists. Hollywood, folks." Like you guys weren't there taking pictures also.
RIP Sage

Fannie Porter

Losing a child is always devasating, we expect them to out live their parents, my heart goes out to Sylvester, I love him he is a wonderful actor, he will be in my prayers and Ms Czack.

ArmyofAnts

I would care, but I feel no pity for people that is suicidal. I feel sorry for Sly though, guess rambo wasn't there to save his son. Drugs and pills the answer? Hope you like a casket, who time, I "LOL" at it.

BC

How sad!

bluecat

My condolences to Sly and the Family Stallone

whateverhomewrecker

Sad:( My condolences to his family and friends. No parent wants to bury their child, no matter the cause of death or if their rich or poor.

TJ

Another Hollywood tragedy. Condolences to the Stallone family.

Quinn Stone

No sympathy, not for this guy. My brother had cancer and fought hard every damn day for his life and he died at the age of 16. Sage was given every opportunity in life and he threw it all way. It hard to feel bad for him when he did this to himself.

victor hernandez

what sad news,I was lucky enough to work as an extra in Rocky III, and years later i got to meet sage & shaha back when i worked at tower video on sunset, and he and his mother were both so nice, i am so sorry for your loss. my heart goes out to his family. R.I.P.

dhem

R.I.P. SAGE

Pants

When celebrities have kids, they aughta make them move out of California entirely. It's almost abusive to raise a kid in that environment when your parents are rich and famous. Too much temptation. If Sly moved to Toledo after Sage was born, I bet he would have been a healthy, normal kid.

annie stu

this is so sad,very sorry for this family loss,rest in peace sage

keith

who give a **** people die everyday and the common people die alot and there never broadcast as these tv stars or movie stars do

jeff

WOW...F ck ng hardcore. This is probably the worst day in Sly's life. I feel for him and his family. WOW...that sucks.

BRENDA