Sage Stallone

Dead for at Least

Three Days

7/14/2012 12:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_sage_Stallone_article_2Sage Stallone was dead in his room for a minimum of 3-4 days and possibly as long as a week ... this according to law enforcement sources connected with the case.

Our sources tell TMZ ... Sage "lived like Howard Hughes" ... he often spent days in his room which was "littered with junk," including an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food.

We're told there were two drawers filled with various pill bottles, some of which were "huge."

Our sources say Sage was living like a hermit ... no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage's room. In fact, we're told the housekeeper was told to never even knock at the door.

One law enforcement source called the room "disgusting," saying it reeked of various smells.

We're told Sage's mother called the housekeeper yesterday after being unable to reach him, asking her to stop by and check on him. That's when she discovered the body.

Law enforcement sources tell us it's pretty clear from the evidence they saw ... Sage's death was an accident.

0713_sage_stallone_remembering_footer

Lucas

It is increasingly difficult to cope with this world.

Deal with it

People too weak to handle the stress of life and have to take drugs should not by martyred. It is against the law and they are no more than criminals who have not been caught.

Heather Wright

Law enforcement should be ashamed of themselves leaking any private info. They wonder why they are nicknamed PIGS. Sage Stallone was a special person interested in preserving underrated special films. He was a real one of a kind person unlike anyone else in any way. His performance in VIncent Gallo's THE AGENT was the best performance I have ever seen. Even better than anything his great actor father ever did.

Heather Wright

Mike

Apparently, Sage's life wasn't as cheery as the Stallone spokesperson was trying to tell us.

Andy

For at least three days!!! He's was an adult, but these things speak volumes about family life in Hollywood, nobody cares, to each it's own!!!!

esleenda

Law enforcement said the room "reeked of various smells"? If he had been dead for 3-4 days, I suspect there was only ONE thing they were smelling.

Northerngirl41

I am a recovering alcoholic and I can tell you drugs are no different. I use to go on a week or more long "bender" where I would isolate myself in my room too. I would make a little "nest" in my room where I had everything I needed to just hide out and drink. When I would pull myself out of the "funk" I was in, I would have a mess of garbage and would be in desperate need of a shower I didn't have any energy to take during my bender. I didn't answer the phone or talk to anyone. When I was in a better frame of mind, I would "fool" everyone around me that my life was going fine. Then I would eventually go back on another bender. It is no way to live and no way to die. It is sad that no one could figure out he was in the throws of addiction and needed some serious help.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I seriously doubt anybody could discern "various smells" outside of the most obvious one. Anyway, sad story.

Throwback kid

Sage Stallone probably felt alot like Ryan O'neal's kids, Cameron Douglas, Bruce Jenner's kids, Kevin Costner's kids etc. Their famous father's get remarried and start a new family and pretty much forget about them This leads to depression and abandonment issues. These Hollywood fathers won't win any awards for parenting, that's for sure

WiddoMouse

How terribly sad. The cir***stances surrounding his death really are unimportant...length of time dead... accidental death vs suicide...how dirty or clean his home was...how frequently he had contact with the outside world. What is important is that two parents have to deal with the death of a child. I pray that Sly and Sasha have the strength to get through with this terrible loss. RIP Sage.

A viewer

Mr. "Rocky" threw both of his sons away with his divorce. All the money in the world doesn't make up for absentee parenting. Yeah, Sage chose his path, but dear old daddy sure didn't care. Picking up the phone and speaking with someone even for a few minutes a day would have at least prevented his poor dead body from sitting in decay for many days. Mommy also didn't care - she asked the housekeeper to check on him - lazy, uncaring cow.

carla

How could sylvestor ( his dad) go for so long w out talking to him and then act like they were so close and say he was doing well... Clearly he wasn't

geoh777

There should be immediate public disapprobation upon the police and media's use of the words "accidental overdose" in regard to the same person.

Tonia

Awful! Sickening! Sad! Sympathy for Stallone's family!