TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Eddie Griffin

Gets Into Drink-Throwing Fight During His Own Show

7/15/2012 8:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071512_griffin_launchEddie Griffin responded the only way he knew how when a woman threw a drink at him during his own stand-up show ... he threw one back ... and it was all caught on video.

Police in Pleasanton, CA tell TMZ they were called to Tommy T's Comedy Club on Friday night after a fight broke out when a woman became so offended at Griffin's act ... she threw a drink at him while he was on stage.

The video obtained by TMZ begins after the woman threw the drink and Griffin can be seen retaliating, pouring his bottle of water on her and then tossing it at her.

Security had the woman removed from the venue and the club closed down for the night after the fracas.

The club did not want anyone arrested and the woman was gone by the time police got there.

42 COMMENTS

No Avatar
16.

cindy    

Am I the only one that notices day after day on TMZ that black people only make up a small percentage of celebrities and yet are 90 % of the stories for having no self control. I guess art truly does imitate life.

809 days ago
17.

TOGCIADC    

Who the flip is Eddie Griffin? Isn't he that dog on the Family Guy?

809 days ago
18.

Jimmy jamz    

See another woman in the club should have belted this entitled bitch as soon as she chucked the drink.

809 days ago
19.

craig    

Its like a nun getting offended at an Andrew Dice Clay show,why the fuq are you at the show?

809 days ago
20.

YouDontSay    

Yea Eddie!

809 days ago
21.

Martina    

How dare he throw a drink at that white women. There are different rules for white people and then other rules for the rest of us.
Of course they didn't arrest the white woman who did this nor did the police track her down.
White women do not get prosecuted in LA.

809 days ago
22.

There's a problem here    

She's lucky someone didn't kick her teeth in for ruining the show they came to watch. Good for Eddie giving as good as he got. She wanted his attention, she got his attention. The clip was pretty dark but I hope he beaned her in the forehead.

809 days ago
23.

jeezlouise    

He probably loooooooooves Obama- Its Obamas ghetto nation.

809 days ago
24.

bee    

Eddie Griffin is still relevant? I certainty didn't know

809 days ago
25.

myopinion    

Anger Management Eddie...

809 days ago
26.

Bunny05    

If you ask me that was a bitch ass move by bitch ass *****. Would you throw a drink on your mother ? And I don't give a **** how a woman is dressed it's called respect. You have to give respect to get it , and I'm tired of these bitch as comments from Bitches and *****s with no respect. That bitch lost me as a fan.

809 days ago
27.

curiousone    

Does anyone know what she said or what he said right before this footage was taken? I'm in the dark. As an entertainer with a temper, I can't say I would have done anything different. I'm a thrower though, so I imagine if I were a comic I would have already been arrested for assault.

809 days ago
28.

Bird    

I watch an Eddie Griffin stand-up once. It was the most offensive, unfunny garbage I've ever seen. 90% of his act consists of mocking white people, and the other 10% was him telling lame-unfunny stories from his past. He's by far, one of the worst comedians of all time. It's no wonder the woman was offended.

809 days ago
29.

bunny    

"Do not move!" (We have called the cops and everyone will be arrested) "I said do not move!"

808 days ago
30.

dane    

i live in pleasanton! this was probably at tommy t's.

808 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web