Sage Stallone

Autopsy Complete, Results Pending Toxicology Report

7/15/2012 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_Sage-Stallone_getty_2
UPDATE 1:35 PM PT -- The autopsy has been completed, but the results will be deferred pending a toxicology report, which usually takes 4-6 weeks.

0314_divider_graphic
The L.A. County Coroner has just begun the autopsy of Sage Stallone ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, it will be completed later today.

As TMZ first reported, the son of Sylvester Stallone was found dead in his home on Friday of an apparent overdose. His body was discovered by the maid.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe his death was accidental and no note was found at the scene.

Sage famously made his film debut alongside his father in the 1990 movie "Rocky 5" -- playing the role of Rocky's son Robert Balboa.

Jody

In other words, there wasn't a thing wrong with this guy, except he overdosed.

Tee

Uh, y' know tmz, Legendary acresss Celeste Holm passed away too....and apparently you're ignoring the passing of Richard Zanuck, two people who had long great careers and accomplished things.
Enough with this guy already!

wingfoot1

Condlescences to the family.

There's a problem here

Who'da thunk they'd need a tox report? Duh.

She's baaaack

This is your lesson for today regarding cause of death in such cases. I'm sure there were physical findings instead of "nothing" like a lot of you think. He may have had heart damage, he may have had liver damage, kidney failure, all kinds of eventually fatal stuff but the "why" of all this has to be proven. About the only thing you can surmise right now and even that may not be clear, is that he didn't die of a stroke. Chances are the official report will list a number of causes instead of just one. Class is over.

nof

I hope when I die TMZ at least has the decency to report (that) I was one of the sweetest peeps here.

I'm a flower in a bed of thorn.

nof

I set a TMZ record with 226 "hates" in a single thread last week -

"Hates" are about nice people saying straight-up nice things -

If I don't have anything nice to say - I go over to Radar Online or omg.

That's how I roll.

D1973

Deep sympathies for all involved.
My husband was dead for 4 days before he was discovered. Don't jump to conclusions. No one knows the cir***stances unless you are involved personally.

nof

I knew at least three-dozen-peeps would try to blame Sly for this -

"What's wrong with this guy that he doesn't check on his own son!"

For my response to that - go to this and other threads -

Seriously, go -

They're really good.

sierrarose

Really, TMZ, I know you pride yourself on being the website that breaks the news the fastest. But do you ever think about what you guys put out for the public? Was there no one that said maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to put down that policeman's assessment that Stallone's home was "disgusting"? Maybe it would have been better to ask how could this guy have fallen off the grid for as long as he did? People who end up with messed up homes are the ones who are depressed and sad about their lives. These are usually the people who have somehow fallen through the cracks or are too embarrassed about themselves to reach out for help. Please try to be a little more discerning and sensitive about the information you put out there.

ShannonMacri

Um...Who cares?

connie migliozzi

Dear Sylvester Stalone and Family, I send my sincere sympathy for the loss of your son. I know the heaviness in your heart , because I lost my daughter, who was 40 years old in November, 2010. She was my only child. She also died suddenly. The shock is unbearable. I will pray for all of you. Prayer is the only thing that got me through and my Catholic beliefs. It doesn't matter what your occupation is in life, the loss of your child takes everything out of you. If I can do anything for you, please let me know. Sincerely Connie Migliozzi from Youngstown, Ohio

Dom

A death of a child is and always will be tragic, The press always make mountain out of mole hills and ill tell ya its a damn same.. People are mourning the loss of their son for god sake.. i am a stallone fan and i just want to say everyone should respect their wishes threw this tragic time and my thoughts and prayers are with sly and his family.. GOD BLESS

Joyce

I wonder what happened to Sage. So sad for him, he still had his whole life in front of him... climatiseurs en suisse

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3