Usher's Stepson

Family Can't Afford to Keep

Him Alive Much Longer

7/15/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_tameka_foster_usher_raymond_article_2Usher's ex-wife -- Tameka Raymond -- will be forced to take her 11-year-old son off life-support as early as next month, TMZ has learned, all because his insurance coverage is about to expire.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Tameka has not lost hope that her son, Kyle Glover, can make a drastic recovery ... despite doctors declaring him brain dead last week following a jet ski accident. We're told she is telling friends ... she still believes in miracles.

According to our sources, Tameka can only keep Kyle on life-support as long as her insurance company agrees to pay ... otherwise she doesn't have the funds to cover the enormous hospital bills.

We're told the insurance company hasn't set a specific deadline, but they've made it clear ... they're only willing to shell out coverage for a couple months ... tops.

Our sources say that Usher -- who helped raise Kyle for several years -- has been incredibly supportive in this difficult time... but has NOT offered to pay for any medical bills. We're told Tameka does not see him as a viable financial option.

As TMZ first reported, Kyle was struck in the head by a jet ski while inner tubing on Lake Lanier -- doctors declared him brain dead days later.

ShrinkWrap

Usher is under no obligation to pay his medical bills. It seems that someone at TMZ is trying to guilt him into paying.

MICKEY

I realize Tameka is hoping for the best but brain dead is just that and to keep him on life support just to justify her needs aren't right. Usher should not feel guilty if he doesn't want to continue keeping him on support. He is GONE.

Dee

Clearly it cost too much to live.

Jo

This is a very tragic story. As a mother, I could never imagine being in a position like this. However, I have eyes, ears and a heart. The eyes to see the condition that this poor kid is 'living' in. The ears to hear the medical professionals telling me that there is no hope and what the meaning of brain dead means. The heart to give my child to the hands of God because hope, sadly, has been lost and to learn to have the inner peace knowing I did right by my son.

A few years ago, a friend of mine overdosed on methadone and was dead for a long time before paramedics were able to bring him back. He was put on machines in the ICU and his brain activity was tested. It was gone. He was brain dead. His mother took 2 days to make the decision to pull the plug. When I visited the ICU to say good-bye, it was just a horrifying place to be when someone is in that state. He has always jerking from mini seizures, he was ice cold because they wanted to keep his temperature down, he had the breathing tube down his throat and his tongue was hanging out to the side so it wouldn't be swallowed and it's just an image I will never get out of my head. (RIP Tim, I love and miss you).

For this reason, and being in a semi-similar situation and knowing what it's like in that ICU, please, please let this mother find the strength to let go of her son who is in an unconscious state, reaching for the hand of God, but not being able to grab it just yet.

As for Usher, just him being there and giving support is good enough. He is an upstanding guy in my book. I know in my heart that if there was ANY, ANY hope at all, he would have no problem doing the right thing to help this child. I am sure that he is aware of the situation and knows that there is nothing that can be done and for all we know, and TMZ doesn't report, is probably comforting her and trying to get her to understand the finality of this situation. Leave Usher alone. You write these stories with blind eyes and cold hearts.

Guest

Bet Tameka's wishing she hadn't blown it with Usher now, since he helped her with her son during the marriage, and now she doesn't know what to do after the insurance is up!

She didn't play them cards right! I would say hopefully Usher will help her out, but seems that the doctors don't think this child has a chance.

Marie

See how the insurnce com is let obama stay in office with his obama care and this is going to happen alot.

jezabell

such a tragic story ; ; thoughts and prayers to his family...unfortunately ; ; this is how all of us are treated by insurance companies ; ; so very sad ; ; my hopes for a miracle

Brian

wow...I thought Usher was supposed to be loaded! You know, we all see these singers and rappers boasting on how rich they are....but when the poop hits the fan ...where are they? They're as dirt broke as we are. It's all a front.

Brian

WOW! All these singers and rappers brag about how rich they are and their videos are all about money....but when the chips fall and the poop hits the fan they are just as broke as the next guy. Its all a front for show. Either that or they just don't want to cough up any money.

jackie

why isn't usher paying for anything. Those are signs of a cold hearted person. Remember usher money doesn't last forever and something can happen to usher where he can loose everything.If usher lost it all]
he would want someone to help bail him out.

kennie

Next month! He should be evalued as an organ donor then taken off life support now!

Lori

Thats what I like about these stars, they want everyone else to step up to the plate and donate and pay taxes but when it comes to them, no way. What I always notice about donations is the the poorer people is that they donate more to a cause than rich people because they have a understanding and compassion and know what it is like.

Enough is enough

Will someone explain to this family that no amount of money will bring a brain dead (flatline) person back?
I believe Kyle died ar the time of the accident. They are put on ventilaters for a short time for the family to accept this reality, as well as keeping vital organs viable -
the then organs can be harvested to save other lives waiting for a new heart, kidneys ,liver, etc....
Should the family care to help others in this way.
With the gift of life in Kyle's memory.
Kyle's soul is already with our Lord-
Keep the faith and trust in Him.
RIP Kyle

Tammy

Hi Tameka, I will be keeping Kyle befor the LORD. HE'S the one that can do the IMPOSSIBLE. I don't know you ' I feel the heaviness. We all are somebody's child, thats your son. Think GOD for your FAITH. Test for a testimony. GOD Perform this miricale for Kyle attach every brain cell let the blood flow through kyles body. Bring Kyle back to were he was befor he went on this trip.In JESUS name.Let Kyle give you praise for the victory. Amen

katie

he is in good hands

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments