Usher's Stepson

Family Can't Afford to Keep

Him Alive Much Longer

7/15/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_tameka_foster_usher_raymond_article_2Usher's ex-wife -- Tameka Raymond -- will be forced to take her 11-year-old son off life-support as early as next month, TMZ has learned, all because his insurance coverage is about to expire.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Tameka has not lost hope that her son, Kyle Glover, can make a drastic recovery ... despite doctors declaring him brain dead last week following a jet ski accident. We're told she is telling friends ... she still believes in miracles.

According to our sources, Tameka can only keep Kyle on life-support as long as her insurance company agrees to pay ... otherwise she doesn't have the funds to cover the enormous hospital bills.

We're told the insurance company hasn't set a specific deadline, but they've made it clear ... they're only willing to shell out coverage for a couple months ... tops.

Our sources say that Usher -- who helped raise Kyle for several years -- has been incredibly supportive in this difficult time... but has NOT offered to pay for any medical bills. We're told Tameka does not see him as a viable financial option.

As TMZ first reported, Kyle was struck in the head by a jet ski while inner tubing on Lake Lanier -- doctors declared him brain dead days later.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35

Jacy

Wait a minute....She won't let Usher pay for this. He is so rich! I'm sure that he wouldve because he loves his family even though Kyle Glover isn't even his child I don't get this can someone explain please?!?!?!

jeff

shouldnt be a story if usher cared..well we know that the weirdlooking loser they call usher is a cheap pos..and i always wondered if he was a goody goody or a small headed unproportioned *******!!! got my answer!!

harvsgirl

Are you trying to tell me Usher doesn't have the money to pay the bill? Really? Or is he just another person who thinks hospitals don't deserve to be paid to take care of patients?

Diane

Usher should help out,,

Tiffany

I happened upon this article while surfing the web. I first want to say that as a mother, I am very deeply sorry about this tragedy. Personally, I would never be the same and would very likely be committed to a mental hospital if I lost my angel, and I cannot have any more children.
However, there are very many ridiculous points in this story. Not the least of which that Usher would not pay the medical bills. I do not know him personally, but I would chalk the doubt up to TMZ's obviously high journalistic standards.

So her insurance is about to expire? Has she not heard of COBRA? It is illegal for the insurance company not to continue offering coverage for at least six months, as long as you pay the premium. Even if you lose your job, you still keep your insurance. Yes, you have to pay a lot of money for it, but it does not just go away like that. So let's assume for a moment that she has already used up COBRA extensions.
There is not a hospital on EARTH that will unplug a child based on the families insurance. Also, there is not a MOTHER on earth that would make this truly terribly difficult decision based on her insurance. I understand not being able to cope with turning off your son's life support. We all know that it is for the best, but I am sure that is a much harder thing to decide that some TMZ trollers would have you believe.
But the premise that one is forced by the hospital to take a loved off life support because they don't have insurance is just ridiculous. Worst case scenario, you decide to keep your child on life support, assuming because you have some glimmer of hope, or whatever reason, then you pay the hospital. The hospital does not say pay me now or the kid gets it. Yes, you will be billed and probably have more debt than you can imagine. But if you have decided to keep your child on life support, it does not and should not matter how much you will owe later.
So either TMZ is taking a story and twisting it into a sick mess or this woman has no idea what she is talking about. I bet I know which one it is.

Tiffany

Sara

Umm...why isn't anyone talking about the fact that this kid has a FATHER - Tameka's first husband!!
This kid is NOT Usher's son OR step-son at this point. They are divorced. Kyle's dad is responsible for him. That man is Tameka's first husband - with whom she has 2 other children!

karina carper

usher as a fan of yours for a long time . im so sorry about your stepson you all are in my families prayers. keep your faith it will carry you through this trial
kariunacarper@yahoo.com

phillippa

she need to be quiet. If he didn't care, he would not have left what he's doing to see the child, even if he went oly once. After all thats not his child, but he show that he's care. His ex wife is just bitter. She should grow up. we all understand that she loss a child, but God take him away for a reason. Maybe she should change her ways

MISTY

WOW, WITH ALL THE MONEY USHER HAS HE COULDN'T HELP OUT HIS SON..I WOULD DIE FOR MINE..

yolanda henson

Tameeka, please dont blame yourself or anyone else. This is Gods work...I know for you and your family that this wasnt a financial issue. No way!

Michelle

If they were together, that was his son. I hate when people say "that's not his real son", just ignorant. Usher seems to b the bitter one.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35