Charlie Sheen

I'm Donating $1 MILLION

to U.S. Troops

7/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0716_charlie_sheen_amrican_flag_article
Charlie Sheen hasn't spent all of his money on crack and hookers ... in fact, the Warlock has announced he's donating ONE MILLION DOLLARS to support our men and women in uniform.

Sheen has pledged to give at least $1 million to the U.S.O (United Service Org.) ... the largest single contribution the USO has ever received from an individual.

Sheen says he will donate 1% of the profits from his "Anger Management" earnings ... with a minimum of $1 mil ... and an unlimited cap. So the more $ he makes from his show, the more $ goes to the USO.

Brig Gen (ret) John Pray, EVP and Chief of Staff, USO released a statement saying, “[Sheen's] support is greatly appreciated, especially from our wounded warriors and their families.”

Sheen also released a statement saying, "It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us."

He adds, "They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”

0716_hoorah_heroes_contest_footer

sue

Thank you for giving for those of us who are unable to
This is a GREAT and honorable thing to do.
So many deserving service personnel will benefit.

brown dynamite

I'd respect this a lot more if he didn't feel the need to announce this, he's doing this for publicity not out of generosity.

Cirrus Unicus

THIS is the sort of winning we need to see more of. Not just from Charles, but all people who get paid stupid amounts of money for not much effort.

YdoIreadthisstuff

You Rock Charlie!!!

Virtual Insanity

I don't care what his motive is. They money will help the USO and troops. That's good enough for me.

Soldiers mom

I don't usually appreciate Mr. Sheen, but when I do, it's because he is one patriotic rat bastard. Stay gracious my fiend.

It's Dave

Good for Charlie. Too bad he made it look like a desperate plea for attention and ratings.

oink

Pay to get viewers

Quinn

So because he's doing something nice you use a file photo where he looks young & healthy?

Best Mom

Bravo, Charlie! Pay no mind to the negative comments on here - you did good!

jill92802

You ROCK, Charlie!!
THIS is what ANYONE who makes this kind of money should be doing with it. No one person needs millions and millions of dollars, all to themselves! Are you listening, Pro-Sportsmen/Women??

Delaware D

President Sheen

Fifty Shades of WTF

One way to try and buy ratings..... Support our troops and get Anger Management the additional 90 show order. Pretty tricky. Win/Win... or should I say, Win/Winning!?

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE A PR MOVE TO INCREASE RATINGS FOR AN OTHERWISE CRAPTASTIC SHOW. MORE PEEPS WATCH THE HIGHER THE REVENUE AND GREATER THE DONATION. YOU LINE SHEEN'S POCKETS AND AT THE SAME TIMELINE THE USO'S POCKETS. NICCCE MOVE TO CHARLIE'S PR TEAM! #WINNING #TRUTH!!

gutsygirl

What say you, Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Ashton Kutcher?