Charlie Sheen

I'm Donating $1 MILLION

to U.S. Troops

7/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0716_charlie_sheen_amrican_flag_article
Charlie Sheen hasn't spent all of his money on crack and hookers ... in fact, the Warlock has announced he's donating ONE MILLION DOLLARS to support our men and women in uniform.

Sheen has pledged to give at least $1 million to the U.S.O (United Service Org.) ... the largest single contribution the USO has ever received from an individual.

Sheen says he will donate 1% of the profits from his "Anger Management" earnings ... with a minimum of $1 mil ... and an unlimited cap. So the more $ he makes from his show, the more $ goes to the USO.

Brig Gen (ret) John Pray, EVP and Chief of Staff, USO released a statement saying, “[Sheen's] support is greatly appreciated, especially from our wounded warriors and their families.”

Sheen also released a statement saying, "It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us."

He adds, "They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”

0716_hoorah_heroes_contest_footer

Leo

Charlie has ulterior motives. He claims that 911 was a conspiracy by the U S of America. He is always cutting down the U S.

Jean

I dont understand who exactly will get this money? The US Military ?

Wise and Dangerous

Perfect

YouDontSay

Winning Charlie!

Joao

I love the haters who sit back and analyze and criticize Sheen's motives. These are the same people who don't leave tips, complain about the Salvation Army bell ringers and think it's magnanimous to give a dollar to a lazy bum, I mean [professional] "homeless" person.

lilgrandma

Thank you Charlie!!:))) what a SUPER HEART you got!!god bless you!!I I think u r GREAT n will keep watching ur show atleast you r sharing!!!!

Wise and Dangerous

You're a good man and nice of you to come over to FOX/FX where you are appreciated by Conservatives. Your show ROCKS

terri

Say what you will about ole Charlie boy, he is a decent human being with a good heart.

SJane

Maybe it is for ratings I still applaud him for doing this. When I read that it was the largest single donation our troops had ever received it made me think about all the other celebrities who donate millions at a time...overseas. I am not trying to make their donations seem less important in any way but I am surprised how little people think about donating to people who risk their lives for them.

USArmy

I don't care what the motive is and/or might be. It is a great gesture and I want to thank Mr Sheen for doing it. It will really help my fellow military members.

LindaJay

If he's trying to improve his image, this certainly helps---a lot. Go, Charlie!

Nate K

Kinda scary it's only gonna be 1% of his money made... god only knows what the other 99% is going towards... But we all know most of it is only of fractional importance compared to supporting our troops

teedofftaxpayer

The show is going down the crapper. He's only trying to drum up business. Nice gesture but for the wrong reason.

janet

C'mon guys, first off, right off the bat. Sheen says he will 'donate' has yet to actually 'donated' 1 million dollars out of his pocket. NO.

Charlie Sheen needs ratings for his business venture TV show Anger Management. Using our troops to get that. Sheen hit a new low.

LRT

kudos!!! I wish more would follow your steps!