Eddie Griffin Fight

The Homophobic,

Delusional Explanation

7/16/2012 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0715_eddie_griifin-tmz
Eddie Griffin is threatening to sue TMZ over the story we broke regarding the water-bottle throwing incident at a comedy club this weekend -- problem is, Eddie clearly didn't read the story.

Griffin has released a statement on his Facebook page ... in which he falsely claims TMZ accused him of "assaulting" a woman in the audience of his show in Pleasanton, California.

He also refers to the woman as a "dyke bitch."

For those who actually read the story ... you would know Eddie was NOT the instigator. It was the woman in the crowd who threw her drink first after hearing a joke she considered to be offensive.

Eddie then retaliated by pouring his water bottle on the woman ... and then throwing the bottle at her.

071512_griffin_launch
Despite the facts, and footage of the incident, Griffin released the following statement:

"These TMZ bitches said I assaulted a "WOMAN" at my show in cali. I don't know what kind of eyes these mutha f**kas got but that dyke bitch threw a glass of whatever she was drinkin' in my face. All over a joke about dyke bitches!"

He continued, "Now TMZ be careful with your choice of words, I didn't ASSAULT a goddamn thing! if I had a n*gga would be locked the fuck up. As usual, media doing sensationalism instead of journalism."

"Ya'll better retract your story before i sue ya'll bitch asses for defirmation of character!…or…rather what you really do…character assassination!!! You parasitic mutha F**kas!!!..TMZ these nuts bitch!!!"

Joe

LOCK HIM UP... for not being funny in the last 10 years !

porkchop

What a moron...

Bird

Oh shut the f_ck up, Eddie. You're a terrible comedian. Most people would rather shoot themselves in the face with a staple gun than watch the bullsh_t you called "comedy". You're an egotistical assh_le who gives black people a bad name. Your movies are garbage, your stand-ups are garbage, and your fanbase consists of the lowest lifeforms out there. Please, just go f_ck yourself.

Celeb Gossip Addict

lol! That is really hilarious that he went on that whole rant without actually reading the story. The person in his circle who relayed the existance of the TMZ story to him must have thought he assualted the woman since they used those words. Actually he did assualt her. It was mutual combat, but assault on both their parts.

@iAMTIMWILSON

I think it's so LAME when a guys throws his drink in the face of a woman.

Bubbles The Chimp

Eddie should beat the hell out of Harvey just because Harvey deserves it for getting into everyones business but his own.

Mumra the Ever Living

Eddie, stop huffing on the crack pipe. You sound like a ignorant idiot.

will

Hey **** head, speak English!

Pokemon

that was awesome. it looked like a high school fight in the cafeteria.. miss those days

Mumra the Ever Living

Hey Ed, is my calling you a crack addled moron grounds for defirmation of character? If you're pizzed off now, just wait until one of your posse reads you these comments.
Really Ed, since it's obvious you have problems with the English language, you should make sure at least one of your hangers-on has some rudimentary language skills.
LMFAO - but not at your comedy. Quite frankly, you've got the comedic skills of Mitt Romney.

mocha2009

If you choose to pay money to see a comedian like Eddie Griffin you've got to have thick skin because he insults EVERYONE! I took my husband to see him and really, I knew up front what I was in store for. I think its kinda of funny that he went on this rant without really reading the story. AND I like when celebrities reach out to TMZ to call them out (or attempt to anyway) on their stories:)

6one9

WHAT else is NEW????

karlew

Atta boy Eddie go get them. The story was just one gay bitch's way of defending another gay bitch

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Eddie... you so crazy... lol

Miz Val

Ignorant as cat crap...both of them