« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dez Bryant

Allegedly Hit Mom in Face,

Ripped Her Bra

7/17/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Dez Bryant mug shot
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant allegedly hit his mother in the face with his baseball cap ... and grabbed her by the shirt so hard that he ripped her bra ... this according to arrest documents obtained by TMZ.

The docs say ... cops were dispatched to Bryant's mother's home in DeSoto, Texas on July 14 at 1:47 PM after receiving a 911 call reporting an assault -- family violence.

Once cops arrived to the scene, Dez's mom Angela told cops she had gotten into an argument with Dez and demanded that he leave the home ... and that's when Dez got physical.

On the 911 call, Angela says, "My son has assaulted me. He's here now. he won't go home. I keep telling him to go, he won't go." You can clearly hear an argument in the background as Angela says, "I can't let him keep doing me like this. I'm gonna put an end to it today."

According to the documents, cops returned to Angela's home 2 days later and she complained of pain in her wrists, hands and arms ... and said her chest was sore from Dez pushing her.

Cops say they observed bruising in her upper arm. The docs list Dez Bryant as being 6'1", 198 pounds.

Bryant turned himself into police yesterday, and was booked for assault -- family violence, a Class A misdemeanor.

Dez’s attorney, Royce West, tells us ... “We’re going to do an investigation, find out what happened for ourselves. The most important thing is that we heal the family.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IN MY OPINION

I will refrain from judgement until I know what type of mother she is.

We tend to jump to conclusion but we don't know the whole story. I don't know what she said or did to trigger his anger, but violence is never the answer.

STAY AWAY FROM TOXIC PEOPLE.

YouDontSay

What an AZZ. I hope you lose your career and learn what is important in life. If you don't respect your mother you will NEVER respect any women,

Nsite

Well I like football so I had to comment on this. I just think the media is always over doing or blowing up the situation whenever it negatively and star's around. I hope his mother forgives him and he makes everything right with moms. Your grown now Dez just show her you’re a Bigger person mentally by treating her right or leaving the situation if negativity is around other than that go COWBOY's.

Mr. Clean

What a FDB. Way to go Dez, stay classy.

Mike Hawk

WTF is going on with all these athletes?? DUI, Fights, and bankruptcy. Someone should sit all these idiots down for a lesson on life. This what happens when you give blithering morons too much money.

Genjerleigh

His mom is an ass if you ask me. No, he shouldn't have hit her with baseball cap or grabbed her shirt - but to call the police and press charges, really? Rachet heffa

cindy

and you silly Americans voted one of these for president !!! Hows that working out for ya? ha ha...

DopeLikeCoke

Seems like wearing the number 88 for the Cowboys leads to problems. E.g: Michael Irvin. Dez is an *******.

ME

Why are black people such thugs?

Max

Another classy Cowboy. And I'm a Cowboy fan!! Clean house and get us a coach Jerry!

Arlene

Publicity stunt! Trying to pull a Christian Bale the week Dark Knight Rises opens!

Reggie

What a BIG LOSER POS!! Another black effing THUG!! JERK POS!

Joey

Those Cow BOYS sure are nasty. How in the hell can you assault your mother. This pig should be suspended by the league. It seems that more and moire NFL players are getting arrested

Oh well

If its true the cowboys should cut him loose and no other team should sign him.

gamepro

who the **** hits their mom because of a fight. all you have to do is leave or just plain dont hit