« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dez Bryant

Allegedly Hit Mom in Face,

Ripped Her Bra

7/17/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Dez Bryant mug shot
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant allegedly hit his mother in the face with his baseball cap ... and grabbed her by the shirt so hard that he ripped her bra ... this according to arrest documents obtained by TMZ.

The docs say ... cops were dispatched to Bryant's mother's home in DeSoto, Texas on July 14 at 1:47 PM after receiving a 911 call reporting an assault -- family violence.

Once cops arrived to the scene, Dez's mom Angela told cops she had gotten into an argument with Dez and demanded that he leave the home ... and that's when Dez got physical.

On the 911 call, Angela says, "My son has assaulted me. He's here now. he won't go home. I keep telling him to go, he won't go." You can clearly hear an argument in the background as Angela says, "I can't let him keep doing me like this. I'm gonna put an end to it today."

According to the documents, cops returned to Angela's home 2 days later and she complained of pain in her wrists, hands and arms ... and said her chest was sore from Dez pushing her.

Cops say they observed bruising in her upper arm. The docs list Dez Bryant as being 6'1", 198 pounds.

Bryant turned himself into police yesterday, and was booked for assault -- family violence, a Class A misdemeanor.

Dez’s attorney, Royce West, tells us ... “We’re going to do an investigation, find out what happened for ourselves. The most important thing is that we heal the family.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mike_in_canada

Stories like this make me yearn for more public shaming. #Loser

Mike

Man, I thought I heard it all, but beating your own MOTHER??? Sick dude. Hoep the Cowboys release him.

Ryan

Maybe he can use this jail time to figure out the Cowboys playbook.

DaveT

Per the US Dept Health Human Srvcs Child Maltreatment reports:
Of all the little kids murdered in their own home...almost 80% of them are murdered by women, usually their mother.
Of all the little kids brutally beaten and abused in their own home...almost 70% of them are abused by women, usually their mother.
With abuse, and murder, of children being so common from mothers, it's hardly a stretch to conclude that Dez's mom was probably an abuser and that he's still dealing with her verbal and/or physical abuse.
Her attitude on the 911 call in insisting to still argue with him, is revealing.
"You don't hit your mom" = feminist nonsense.
Sometimes mom deserves it ;)

karlew

No Mr Lawyer the most important thing is putting your dirtbag client away somewhere he can't hurt people weaker than he is. Healing will come after this fool has been dealt with. Plead him guilty, get him some therapy and throw him to the mercy of the court.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

TMZ, please, please please .... stop innundating us with stories about these NFL goons.

Truth

TONS OF THESE HOODRAT GANGSTA ISSUES OCCUR FROM PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABUSE AS A CHILD. NO DOUBT MAMA GAVE A FEW TOO MANY LICKINGS AS A CHILD IN THE GHETTO. #TRUTH!!

karlew

I'm guessing this guys Dad isn't in the picture. I just know that no son of mine would dare raise a hand to me, his dad (my husband) would kill him.

happypat35

The news report here said he yanked her head back and hit her across the face, could've been with his cap. He must be on drugs.

ME

3 out of 4 black children are born out of wedlock

Pompano Ann

What is with these athletes; numerous of them getting a DUI, the fighting?????? Start the camps early and get these guys off the street!

CrisDizzle

Dez Bryant... you mad BRAh...????

ray

just another thug with too much money

Lena

It sounds like he's gone a wee bit Oedipal. DISGUSTING!

dd

I'll wait for part 2...somethings missing from this story.