Justin Bieber

Paparazzi Chase

In Hands of Prosecutors

7/17/2012 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706-justin-bieber-bauer-stop-article-2
The paparazzo who led the way in the Justin Bieber freeway chase is now in the crosshairs of L.A. prosecutors ... TMZ has learned.

The CHP has completed its investigation and sent the file to the L.A. City Attorney.  Frank Mateljan, spokesperson for the City Attorney, tells TMZ, his office is reviewing the case to determine if criminal charges against the photog should be filed.

Our law enforcement sources say the CHP recommended the photog be prosecuted.

We're told the possible charges include reckless endangerment.

Witnesses say the cars involved in the chase -- including Bieber's -- were traveling at speeds approaching 100 mph.

The City Attorney prosecutes misdemeanors, so if convicted, the photog faces jail time of 6 months for each offense.

ME

I dont get what Selena sees in her, she has no boobs...

Susan62509

If Beiber doesn't receive any penalty whatsoever and if I were the photog, I would file a claim against the L.A.P.D. for bias, unequal justice and discrimination. This was a safety issue for everyone on the freeway and should not go unnoticed

ashley

Okay now...I've never said this, but I'm really sick & tired of this little boy! It seems there's not a day that goes by I don't read or hear about him...
I know he's doing his thing in life, but all the attention seeking is on my last nerve!

I know if it wasn't him, there'd be another annoying twit to take his place...same thing for kim k

Justathought

All these Celebs have to do is hire their own photographers ( they waste money on other crap) take the same pics that these paparazzi are taking and give them away for FREE!!!! After about a month of no one being able to sell the pics it will stop...

Starla

I say prosecute them both! I drive on these SoCal freeways daily and God forbid I die in a car collision caused by this BS. There were innocent people driving on the highway! I'm sick of these idiotic, picture-taking losers AND celebrities getting away with breaking the law.

Marlena

What an idiot - why speed from these guys and risk your life and others over a picture???? Ever here of Princess Di

Reggie

Put Bieber in Jail. He's a pest.

Pat

What a joke, we all know too well how celebrities get a slap on the wrist when average citizens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Next time this little idiot will kill someone.

CLINT

If he doesn't want the attention, then that silver bullet he's driving should be sold. That car just screams, "LOOK AT ME!!" Well they did, and this is what you get. And yes he should also be charged, but we all know they don't do that in Los Angeles.

JL

#PopStarCarChase911

steve

this should apply to both ...they both raced an endangerd everyone ..besides ...why did bieber not call till after the chase ..i thinnk hes at fault as much as the paps

Victoria

I wish said photographers tell how much they were previously paid and notified when JB was around for a photo op. Did JB ever have to "prostitute" himself for his career?

rosebud

I don't care who was chasing this little punk, he has no right to put the lives of innocent people in danger he needs to be taught a lesson, throw his ass in jail.

Annonymous

I agree with most everyone here.... the Bieb should be charged as well. He was the one who started the chase by going faster in a death trap as it is...the pap followed. he called the Sheriff's office after he was pulled over, in which he should have done in the first place. Everyone is lucky that no one got hurt. Maybe they're treating him with kid gloves like the Judicial system here in Canada does for everyone else. LOL!

tinkerbell5481

I'm still not quite clear on why Justin won't be charged. Why didn't he pull over? If you are being chased, they will only go as fast as you are willing to go. So the speeds that were reached are really only on Justin alone. I think the photog should get something, but endangerment rests on Justin. He called the police AFTER getting pulled over. Good effort to save your own ass.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments