Michael Clarke Duncan

'Fighting Like a Mutha'

7/17/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_clark_duncan_03

Michael Clarke Duncan "is fighting like a mutha" and his heart is as strong as an ox -- sources involved in his treatment tell TMZ.

We broke the story, Michael went into full cardiac arrest early Friday morning and his girlfriend Omarosa did heroic CPR and re-started his ticker -- especially miraculous since he weighs 325 pounds.

Our sources say ... Michael has been on a respirator at the hospital since his admission, but we're told he's "breathing above the respirator" -- a good sign.

We're told tests were performed Monday and doctors determined Michael has a "very strong heartbeat" and they are optimistic. That's especially good news because Michael has been sedated ever since his heart attack and doctors aren't sure what his condition will be -- worst case scenario could involve paralysis, although that's looking less likely.

Doctors have no immediate plans to take Michael off the respirator and we're told it's still dicey for the 54-year-old actor.

We're told the buzz at the hospital is ... L.A. can't afford to lose another high-profile celebrity and "an army of people" are caring for him.

0713_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

Deborah Hall

Get Well Michael.. Our prayers are with you,, You are a fabulous actor!

Robyn

PRAYERS FOR THE BIG GUY....TO THE BIGGER GUY!!!....... LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

dawnmarie

BIG prayers to get well soon Michael.
Great job Omarosa!

Sue

Been praying for MCD since the news first broke. This guy is amazing and I believe he will pull thru.

CelticOne

I work in the medical field and although I don't know the complete details on this case.. it is NEVER a good sign when someone is on a ventilator for more than 48 hours. Sedation is usually required if a patient is combative/uncooperative when awake OR when they need to be medically induced for a plethora of other aliments, to give those things a chance to heal.

I sure hope he will be okay, I really think (just from what I read) that he is a decent man and way to young to end other ways. God Bless you and I hope you do indeed have a speedy recovery.

Debthedoo

CPR saves lives. You can't hurt someone who is already dead. Good job Omarosa!

Buddy Beckwith

GOD BE WITH YOU .YOUR IN MY PRAYERS BIG MAN!!!

Storremee

You are in our hearts and our prayers. GET WELL SOON!!!

Helen Boland

I will keep him in my thoughts and send all the good energy I can to help him improve daily. I want to see him perform again.

Greg F

Your one of my favorite guys. Will be thinking of you and pulling for you. Beat that Mutha!!!!

CANADIAN LIBERAL!

I really hope he does come out of this like it never happened! He is such a talented actor. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cheryl

He is such a cool guy. I've loved him in all his acting performances. I'm hoping you will be alright.

Ollie

Michael my daughter had the pleasure of meeting you and you mother you are such a sweetheart especially with your mom. God bless you and we are praying for your full recoop.

Ollie

Met you and mother and you are a sweetheart withe her. God bless and we are praying for a full recovery for you. God will double charge you big heart with lots of life.

Bob

Best wishes and always enjoyed seeing him in any show from "two and a half men" to "finders." Here is to wishing him a long and healthy life with plenty of acting in his future.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments