Sylvester Stallone

Calls In Famed P.I.

To Investigate Sage's Death

7/18/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0717_scott_sylvester

Sylvester Stallone has called in a private investigator to figure out how his son Sage died and what lead up to the tragedy ... TMZ has learned.

We've learned famed P.I. Scott Ross -- who was the lead investigator in the Michael Jackson molestation case and the Chris Brown/Rihanna battery case -- met Tuesday at Stallone's home with Sly, his brother Frank, and an official from the L.A. County Coroner's Office. Sources tell us they discussed Sage Stallone's death and the status of the investigation.

We're told Sly wants Ross to figure out what happened to his son -- and he's not ruling out foul play, even though he has no evidence of that. Sly also wants to know about Sage's final weeks ... whether he was using drugs or consuming alcohol. The actor also wants to know what, if anything, was troubling his son.

Ross has a long history working for the Stallone family ... we're told Sly wants someone he knows and trusts to provide him with answers about his son's death.

Calls to Ross were not returned.

shanice

Slow down, judge & jury!
This NEEDS to be done. It's obvious the Dr.'s in Hollywood are over prescribing RX meds, the pharmacies allowing alias names to pick up meds, etc. etc. Hope Sly's investigation blows the roof off of these enablers, too.

I don't care how old you are, if you want to hide your drug addiction, you're going to hide it!!
For those who said Sly should have done this or that, get your head out of your ass..Sage was 36 years old who had his own life. His parents were not responsible for his adult choices.

Sandra

I bet drugs were involved with Sage's death!! Looks like guilt and regret are driving Sly at this time!! It's a sad time for the family but a reminder to keep family close!!

parlayer

he needed more of his fathers attention. no investigation will disclose that.

DaveT

Sage was 36 years old, not 10 years old.
Neither of his parents have anything to do with his decisions and choices.
Neither of his parents carry any blame for the consequences Sage faced from his choices.
I'm 38 years old, if I make a bad choice..and I've made plenty...it isn't my parents fault.
And at 38, I don't call my parents more than once a week, neither does anyone else over the age of 30.
If you live alone and you're in your 30's and you pass away, it's normal for nobody to realize it for a few days or a week.
Sad that Sage passed, but it isn't in any way, shape or form Sly or Sasha's fault.

Penny

The NOT-so-private investigator??

Honeys Booboo

I would have gone with Jim Rockford.
From what I hear he charges $200 a day,
plus expenses.

Simonemj1

No matter how Sage died, his parents lost a their child. Speaking as a parent, my heart goes out to them.

kerrplunk

It's a tad to late daddy.

DD

Too little, too late :(

Nome@home

There is no pain like grief. Being able to have some understanding of how this happened would give this devestated, grieving father some sanity at this time. My heart goes out to him & his family.

Rick

I’m in a similar situation and I understood to Sage. Yes, He was ignored by his father and He had been building a charade live only to cover all awful reality he was living. I’m sure that Sly was a tyrant father with Sage and that’s the why Sage cover all his misery and get depressed because that. He not wanted to disappoint to his "perfect" dad. Just like me, I’m a mess and I’m unable to tell this to my dad, just because he is a very selfish and arrogant man. I have a charade life build to cover up that way my dad won't get disappointed of me. Actually I know such charades won't work at all, I know my dad actually is disappointed of me, that cannot be hided, but both (I and dad) pretend to believe that charade. I’m sure this is very similar situation than Sage lived. He was tired of that, just like me, I don’t know if this will drive me to commit something alike Sage, I don’t know, just I want to stop the pain. Only that. I’m cultist (by force) and get troubled with my relatives and I don’t know what I should do.

Regina

Why doesn't his dad know about what he was doing the last weeks of his life??? Didn't he keep in touch with him??? Apparently all his friends knew about what was going on with him but his own parents didn't know??
I do feel sorry for Sly. I offer my sincere condolences. However, I think that it is sad that Sly gave his best to his girls and left nothing for Sage. No wonder he took to the bottle and pills. He must have been very depressed and lonely and booze and drugs only make that worse. It tells a lot that he has to hire a PI to find out what was happening with his own boy. He must have been very out of touch with him,

Throwback kid

Maybe if Stallone was in his son's life he would have known what he was doing in his final weeks?. It looks like Sage and his autistic brother got dumped by Stallone when he got remarried and started a new family. this all seems a day late and a dollar short

ed

The kid felt abandoned however he was old enough to know what he was doing.

IceGypsy

No parent should ever have to bury a child. It's sad, and I hope that he can find the answers he's looking for.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments