Tom Cruise

Reunites with Suri

7/17/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Tom and Suri Cruise in New York City.
update_bar
10:45 AM PST:
We're told Tom is taking Suri to Chelsea Piers later today for her gymnastics lesson. As for how Tom picked Suri up ... we're told he went to Katie's apartment, but he never saw his soon-to-be ex-wife. He was inside the apartment for less than 5 minutes.
0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
has reunited with his daughter for the first time since Katie Holmes filed for divorce last month.

Tom wrapped his latest movie shoot and flew to New York City, where we're told he'll be spending several days with his 6-year-old daughter. This pic (above) shows Tom carrying Suri into The Greenwich Hotel.

Sources tell TMZ ... Tom will have no contact with Katie. Suri will be picked up and taken back with the help of intermediaries.

The picture (below) shows Tom's sister, Cass, bearing gifts as she enters the hotel.

0717_tom_cruise_sister_splash_2
We're told Tom is "sad but not bitter" about the way things have gone down. Nevertheless, it looks like there is radio silence between Tom and Katie.

Denese

Geez...How long are they gonna carry this kid around? She's almost as big as Tom

ann

money...fame....bodyguards(you know he's not on the street alone with suri)..let that child walk for god's sake!..before you fall over,she almost as tall as you are Tom!!!

D

That's an awful big step he's taking for a man that is so short.

Erika

In looking at that picture of tom cruise's sister in the elevator my gosh she has huge ears....I bet she doesn't even have to push the UP or DOWN button in the elevator...she flaps her ears upwards and the elevator goes up...she flaps them downwards and the elevator goes down....

Jami

Tom's sister brings Suri two more stuffed animals, one oddly enough looks like the Morkie puppy Katie wouldn't get her. How many stuffed animals does that kid need, anyway! The poor kid is going to be spoiled with toys while the adults try to one up each other. Sad!

joe gillis

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/scientology-broke-my-heart-jason-lees-ex-reveals-churchs-sex-questions-20120718-22914.html - "Jason Lee's ex-wife has accused Church of Scientology officials of wrecking her marriage to the My Name Is Earl actor - because she refused to give them intimate details about her sex life." - "Last week, former counsellor Marty Rathbun, who claimed to have worked with Cruise during his divorce from Nicole Kidman, revealed secrets about how the children of members are "indoctrinated" to turn them against non-Church members." - ""When you're in session and you're going through the auditing process, if a question comes up or a thought comes up that has to do with your husband or an intimate sexual detail, you are required to say it... I don't want to get too gross, but (it would) have to do with sexual positions."

- suck on that tommy.ot8 and cob.miscarriage - rotflmfao

Ashlyn

I didn't even read the article...I just had to comment about how funny he looks in those pants! Hahahha!

dale12

Seesh....it looks like little Suri could pick Tom up without any problems....LOL....

Wellington

I find many reasons to criticize Tom Cruise. Carrying his daughter is NOT one of them. From the pace it looks like he's running the paparazzi gauntlet.

Erika

Why is Tom wearing a long sleeve shirt here in NY when its 90 freakin degrees outside? Even the photo of his sister in the elevator looks like she is dressed for fall...
Just goes to show you just because someone has god given acting talent doesn't mean they have any common sense..
And for those of you asking why do they carry little sushi everywhere..it is because she has huge ears..so they're afraid if they let her walk on her own she might take off running down the sidewalk and actually leave the ground and fly, fly away.

TJ

Enough speculation. How about let's just leave these people alone!

jd

If I were Katie I'd be checking those 'gifts' for listening devices. Scientology freaks.

debstar

He will propably go and buy her the puppy she wanted just to be the good guy, and to interline Katie.

Kari

"M"--you are actually comical. You keep criticizing me for judging, and that's exactly what you keep doing. I am entitled to my opinion--you are entitled to yours. I don't agree with you. You call me a judgmental pain in the ass..if that's how you see it, then that's what you are, because that is what you are doing. My opinion hasn't changed..let her walk.

jjh

well holy cow two HATEs over JMO wow. this is a sad world and thats why people will never EVER get along :( :( :( you disagree fine but it is a I thought free world a Nutty one but thought FREE and I do agree that yes Tom does love his child but still Team Katie Have a good evening all you good TMZers And remember it is JMO !!!!!