Tom Cruise

Reunites with Suri

7/17/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Tom and Suri Cruise in New York City.
update_bar
10:45 AM PST:
We're told Tom is taking Suri to Chelsea Piers later today for her gymnastics lesson. As for how Tom picked Suri up ... we're told he went to Katie's apartment, but he never saw his soon-to-be ex-wife. He was inside the apartment for less than 5 minutes.
0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
has reunited with his daughter for the first time since Katie Holmes filed for divorce last month.

Tom wrapped his latest movie shoot and flew to New York City, where we're told he'll be spending several days with his 6-year-old daughter. This pic (above) shows Tom carrying Suri into The Greenwich Hotel.

Sources tell TMZ ... Tom will have no contact with Katie. Suri will be picked up and taken back with the help of intermediaries.

The picture (below) shows Tom's sister, Cass, bearing gifts as she enters the hotel.

0717_tom_cruise_sister_splash_2
We're told Tom is "sad but not bitter" about the way things have gone down. Nevertheless, it looks like there is radio silence between Tom and Katie.

Brynna

I do not understand why this 6 year old child is carried. I do not know anyone who does that with a child of that age.

Rachel

Those flip flops mean, "F- You, Tom!" Highlarious!

ann

do they ever let this kid walk?

Chick Lorimer

Doesn't it seem odd that they are always carrying her and she's 6 years old?

DahhTroll

toms own child well be a suprssive person rul;ed byt the church and tom wont talk to the girl when shes grown. Tomis a wiefe beater

he treats his wife andkid like possions.

Tina

Isn't Suri like 5 or 6? Why do I always see her parents carrying her around? Put the kid down and make her walk!!! SMDH.

dubby

Oh yeah, just bribe the kid with those toys.

Jenn

What the f are they doing with this kid?! Pretty soon she won't be able to walk. **** ,gymnastics? Girl needs to just walk. She's almost bigger than him now for God's sake. Why don't they use tunnels or something if the paps are so intrusive. It's just gonna be a never-ending PR battle of who dotes on her and picks her up the most. It's all so wrong. She will never grow up normal.

Jason

I think they will be carrying Suri across the stage to get her diploma.

TJ

So redundant, people! I guarantee the kid will walk
someday. Don't worry about it! Geesh!

Aussie

Are you kidding ? What kid gets this many gifts from her Aunty on a visit ? Oh, yeah ......

bea

The Holmes family is a very solid and practical family in Ohio. They will finally have some real world influence and get the silver spoon out of Suri's mouth, make her walk and get educated in the real world. More time just needs to pass. It is great to have the media shine a light on Tom, his sister and all other Scientology members.

OBAMA CLAUS

Is this some new Ho_Wood thing , that the dads MUST carry their half grown daughters ? Larry Birkhead won't let Dannilyn walk either_WHY ?

pam

to those who have decided that Cruise is a GOOD MAN by oberservation of pictures on the Internet, please seek help. I do not know anything for abslutly sure, but I have seen the 6 year old walk all week after her mother filed for divorce and my guess is alot of people were taking pics , maybe ? not sure but it is possible that a mother would seek some knowledge on how to deal with these heartless people, she walked on her own without being hurt, she looks (just looks to me) as if she is trying to keep her fingers out of her mouth, (not usual 6 yr.old behavior) I do not know what normal 'is' but in my opinion that darling child does not act like a 6 year old. And I am not talking about recent weeks, look at other celebrities kids playing at the beach, or watching a parade, walking to school with mom or dad or both, simple things like going to a store? a first for a six year old? why?

Erika

Please look at the photo again of him carrying her...look just at her foot...is it me or does her foot look bigger then her dads? ( I know she has huge ears but my gosh, look at her foot )

Maybe they should have named her Big Foot :)