George Zimmerman

to Trayvon Martin's Parents

'I'm Sorry'

7/18/2012 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Zimmerman
has issued an emotional apology to the parents of Trayvon Martin ... and says he prays for them every single day.

Zimmerman sat down with Sean Hannity and for the first time on camera, the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Martin back in February is talking about the incident.

During the interview, which airs tonight on Fox News, Hannity asks if Zimmerman had a message for Trayvon's parents ... to which George replied, "I would tell them that, again, I’m sorry."

After noting that he and his wife do not have any children of their own, he continued, "I am sorry that [Trayvon's parents] buried their child ... I can’t imagine what it must feel like and I pray for them daily."

Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder ... and if convicted, could face up to life in prison.

Michael C, Teniente

First let me say this: I'm a conservative and my beliefs revolve around those ideas.

But I'm somewhat confused with the political nature this case has taken. It seems like conservatives are kind of protecting Zimmerman and I have no idea as to why.

The guy was instructed by the 911 dispatcher to not to follow Martin. But he continued to do so anyway. It's a clear cut case to me...Zimmerman caused this killing with his arrogant disregard for the instructions of the 911 dispatcher.

Why does it seem that conservatives are backing this guy? I think they should back off the guy. He killed a kid he profiled as strange because of the color of his skin and nothing more.

He's arrogant and he needs to pay the price for his crime.

mike t.

desorden

Don't apologize Mr. Zimmerman self defense buddy screw the Martin's and the stupid no good black kid as well the the attorney representing the Martin's! Zimmerman is innocent!

Sarah

It makes me sick to read some people's comments! How do we know that Geroge didn't confront Trayvon and he saw the gun and got scared. Trayvon didn't know the neighborhood, maybe he thought he was getting mugged!! George should be held accountable for his actions, whether it be prison or probation, but he has had a past of being overly aggressive. He had no reason to follow to this kid and the kid wasn't doing anything wrong. My belief is that he was being followed and ran off, he had to come back that way to get to his dad's finace's house and George confronted him. Trayvon thought he was being robbed and defended himself, whether he saw the gun or not, he was defending himself too.

Tee

He prays for them? Ha! He's the one who better be praying that he doesn't drop the soap in prison!!

BB not bb

His parents stirred up all of this trouble against George for their own publcity and now he is apologizing to them? How much you want to bet they could care less what he says? They need a scapegoat to start their race war, bottom line. I see him trying this out of fear and desperation, but I think they will just turn and use it against him in court. They will say why is he apologizing if he is innocent?

I believe he did what he had to do in self defense. I believe that the last thing he wanted to do that night was kill an innocent person. I believe he rightfully feared for his life while on duty as a neighborhood watchman with the legal authority to carry and use a handgun.

I am so sick of this charade of pretending he killed a little boy clutching a bag of candy for being black and in a hoodie. That is just plain ignorant. That is prejudiced agaisnt white people and this guy is mostly not even of what is called white lineage, being black, Peruvian and Jewish. He has very little Euopean blood at all.

He had to shoot Trayvon for pounding his head onto concrete with intent to kill. No one came to his aid when he screamed for help as Trayvon was beating him to death. Maybe the parents of Trayvon should apologize to him for raising such a horrible son. Maybe they should apologize to him for stirring all this hate up agaisnt him and agaisnt the community he was trying to protect. Maybe they should be in jail instead for inciting riots.

duck

I would be willing to bet, that if the truth be told, majority of you Zimmerman fans who are content with the murder of TM "the drug dealing thug" according to most of you, are using or have used the very same drugs that TM has been accused of using. Judging by your grammar and the emotional, hateful tone of your writing, you people have serious issues! Where does that kind of hate come from? Was it taught? Are you a victim of some sort and have been left with unresolved issues that has fostered your hateful rants? Take your situation whatever it may be, to Jesus. Ask Him to set you free. He will do it, just ask. Sin is sin. There's none worse than others. They all weigh the same in the eyes of God.

Cool Breeze

Media is pounding this story into the ground.Who gives a sh#t ?

GLaDOS

I can't wait for this guy to be found not guilty. Just like the Casey Anthony trial, it's going to be funny as hell seeing everybody on TV and online whining about the verdict. No way this guy gets convicted.

suuzie

All I can say to you chicken george is karma is comming to get you.

Donna

He runs to right-wing Fox Propaganda. Why am I not surprised? Zimmerman is a genuine p.o.s.

mike hunt

This man should not have to endure this 3 ring circus. If I were him I would sue the **** out of whomever ignored the evidence in order to have his sexy ass charged

writenow

Have you seen the UN-real George Zimmerman?
Unreal George.

countrygirl101

im sorry??? thats all they get. sorry doesnt bring back their son. zimmerman deserves to die. what ever happened to "an eye for an eye"? some body needs do away with him. i hope trayvon's family doesnt accept this apology b/c then zimmerman will think that just b/c he said sorry and trayvons parents accepted it that he is off the hook.

Liz

He shot Martin in self defense. He has nothing to apologize for. I can't believe all the idiots here who buy into the main-stream-media bullcrap about race being an issue .... morons.

judith snider

George said Trayvon sat up in the struggle and said "You got me" I think it was more like "you shot me!"