George Zimmerman

to Trayvon Martin's Parents

'I'm Sorry'

7/18/2012 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Zimmerman
has issued an emotional apology to the parents of Trayvon Martin ... and says he prays for them every single day.

Zimmerman sat down with Sean Hannity and for the first time on camera, the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Martin back in February is talking about the incident.

During the interview, which airs tonight on Fox News, Hannity asks if Zimmerman had a message for Trayvon's parents ... to which George replied, "I would tell them that, again, I’m sorry."

After noting that he and his wife do not have any children of their own, he continued, "I am sorry that [Trayvon's parents] buried their child ... I can’t imagine what it must feel like and I pray for them daily."

Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder ... and if convicted, could face up to life in prison.

Dave

He's sorry enough to ask the judge to step down because the judge wouldn't put up with his lies.

Cheryl A.

WOW He is sorry. yeah, sorry he got arrested, sorry he got caught, sorry he did not take the 911 dispatchers directions to stop following, sorry he carried a gun and sorry he shot an unarmed CHILD.
Does that bring Trayvon back? No, sorry.

HazelGrandsler34922

Learn how to make money using Google. You can monetize your searching skills and earn up to 75$ per hour working for this billion dollar company. You choose your working hours. More info at http://url.ie/fbl7/m

ZEROStryfe

Sadly I feel that most people are out for blood and not justice due to their own experiences and prejudices, and this is regardless of color or income. I know it's naive but I wish everyone would sit back and think about what they say or print before launching their diatribes.

ZEROStryfe

hy8i

^Just read this above about Trayvom Martin. He was a piece of crap... Gang member, drug dealer, and thief..... he got exactly what he deserved that night after he attacked the wrong guy holding as gun.

Rhonda C. Poynter

Oh, God, spare us. He's sorry that there's been publicity; he's sorry that people quickly pulled their heads out of their *sses and realized that there was something more important to read about than the Trash Kartelian; he's sorry that that he got caught and, lastly, he's sorry that this isn't going to spin his way and into a reality show, which seems to be what we reward our guilty parties with, these days. A waste of skin.

hy8i

hy8i

jokerchick

shouldn't he be waiting by his local train tracks for someone to come by and use his gardening services? flat faced ****

c

If it would have been an accident they probably could forgive him. But hunting him down and shooting him to death? No parent is forgiving that. Save your breath, George. We all know this is just a ploy to make yourself more sympathetic. It’s not working.

katie10

i couldn't even watch this interview last night, made me feel sick to my stomach. the small portion I could stomach, GZ is a liar. His comments like, "I love my unborn children more then my own life"..so OVER the top and full of ****. Who says that crap. His attorney was like, 'shut up dude, you sound ridiculous.

Makes no sense, nothing that GZ says makes sense. He followed, chased TM, end of story. He was a pathetic low life cop wannabe. Good, glad he got a few cuts on him, he should have left TM alone that night and not open fire on him.

D

This man has no hindsight, when asked in retrospect would you do anything differently... nope, nada - God wanted like this but I pray for his family everyday. Why pray? Nothing to change, you're not sorry - GZ is gonna get his karma so worried about minorities invading his father's home - he just put himself in a situation where he's the minority (prison). No gun to protect him in there, Zimmerman went on FOX mention God as a get out of jail card. There is no self defense necessary if you keep your ass in the car and mind your damn business. He got out , pursued and killed thinking he would be rewarded for his actions not reprimanded. He is making the media rounds and going to the only nut jobs who would listen to this bull**** - but the more upsetting thing is that 30% of the voters on here see that as a plausible idea. That's all the room for doubt that's need to let this vigilante walk. You better get your mind right , if you think you have primary domain over a complex, neighborhood or block - get your mind right. The only thing people own is the f..ckin thing they pay a mortage on = the property. When the property line stops its the real estate developers property = they have no right to decide who belongs where and if that's the case if people in urban areas starting doing this to white teenagers who come into their neighborhood everyone would be singing a different damn song!

Sloane

saying
I'm sorry
that they had to bury their child
is not the same as
saying
I'm sorry
that I shot and killed your child
so if I were the Martin family
I would not take what he said
as a true apology
....
he still feels justified in what he did
-not following police instructions
-frightening
-confronting a young teen late at night
-not saying he was a neighborhood watch member being cautious
...
Zimmerman alone is responsible for the teens death and if I were on the jury I'd vote to convict on manslaughter charges
even if Florida has a law some thing condones it
had it not been for
- Zimmerman's actions that made the teen feel threatened to the extent that he had to defend himself (clearly his voice on the tape crying out
for help)
-Zimmerman carrying a weapon (possibly concealed, possible waving it in the teens face leading him to think he would be shot and killed)
-Zimmerman using his weaon in a deadly manner
...
I suspect that he may have pulled out his gun as he approached the teen - some people are wannabe cops- playing it up every chance they get- and those people are a danger to society!
He is porbably one of those

Ken

He's not sorry, his big ass just doesn't want to be in prison for life. His family doesn't like Black people either, and that's information from people that grew up around them. Black people are only tolerable if they remind them of what a caucasian supposedly is. Its bull****, he doesn't want to go to prison for life like no one would, but dammit, he did the crime, he needs to do the time or let everyone out of prison that has killed someone because this coward wants to get special treatment for killing a kid.

How can you apologize to someone's family, and say that you wouldn't change the situation? That's a big pile of crap and he knows it. I'm sorry aka I don't want to go to prison and end up getting the **** kicked out of me or worse for years to come.

"Please set me free, i'm not black, I shouldn't be in here for killing one of .....them." < This is the type of BIGOT racist mentality he has. Florida needs the FBI penetrating the **** out of the Police forces, and there need to be fresh police officers every 3 years or so so that cops don't get comfy with corruption.

We pay the taxes for this ****.