Kerry Kennedy Crash

I Wasn't on Drugs

... I Had a Seizure

7/18/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

071812_keri_kennedy_splash_launchKerry Kennedy has plead not guilty to driving under the influence of drugs during her July 13 car crash ... claiming she had a seizure as a result of an old head injury.

Kennedy appeared in North Castle Town Court in New York last night to answer for the incident in which she crashed into a tractor-trailer around 8 AM. Cops said she failed multiple sobriety tests and exhibited slurred speech.

But Kerry says she may have accidentally told the cops she had taken an Ambien sleeping pill that day ... but says she was mistaken, claiming tests showed "no alcohol, recreational drugs or prescription medication in my system."

Kerry also claims she underwent neurological tests following the crash ... and an MRI revealed "an area of hyper density" in her brain which she claims is the result of an old head injury.

"This accident was caused not by a sleeping aid but by a complex partial seizure," Kerry said.

Kennedy -- daughter of Robert F. Kennedy -- is due back in court in August.

iz

if bobby jr were still alive...he be all OVER those BOOBIES !!!

Laurie

Right...

Bagheera

Miss Kennedy, if you do not mind, I have a question for you. What caused the seizure? If you have uncontrollable seizures, I suggest you do not drive anywhere. You shouldn't even operate a bicycle while wearing MX gear.

M. Jones

Too bad Teddy didn't think of that excuse at Chappaquiddick. Honesty is a foreign concept to the Kennedy family.

Zelda

Yeah right Ketty, and I/m the Queen of England. Another Kennedy white trash.

bluemoon

Yeah riiiiiiight.

Boop

So she's taking a "Tiger Woods Ambien" pass and joining in with the "Congressman-who-had-those- seizures"? Shameful.

bluemoon

BREAKING NEWS:
Bulls have tits!

bocephus

At least she didn't kill anybody like Uncle Teddy did.

Shianna

@@whatever excuse works for a Kennedy won't work for a regular person. Full of it Kerry kennedy, own up, you were drunk.

Chris

Sorry but that one has been used already, and I didn't believe that either. You were so stupid that you took ambient, and admitted it to the police. Now you try and change the tune My god how stupid do you think people are? never had one in my life, but all of the sudden its the cause of the accident I got into after taking ambient. Loser

DV

Say what you will but my father had a seizure behind the wheel and appeared to be intoxicated like Kerry Kennedy. Just as with Kerry's test results my father's came back completely free of drugs and alcohol. Please read up on seizures and epilepsy before making unfounded judgments.

Donald Ray

It took a few days buy this lyin' heffa' FINALLY came up with SOMETHING.

WatcherOne

Accidentally told them she had taken Ambien? Accidentally! Why isn't her doctor there explaining this?

Symian

Sheesh. One famous person used that excuse and now she's using it. It's just like people checking into rehab the day after an arrest or a wreck: One celeb did it, and the next day EVERY celeb did it. Enough! Claim your own pile of droppings.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments