Model Lauren Scruggs

Celebrates 24th Bday

with New Prosthetic Arm

7/18/2012 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_LAUREN_scruggs_bday_DVM
Lauren Scruggs -- the model who suffered gruesome injuries in a plane propeller accident last year -- celebrated her 24th birthday and showed off her new prosthetic arm in Texas on Wednesday.

Last December, Scruggs lost her left hand and left eye after accidentally walking into an airplane propeller. She has been undergoing extensive rehab and a few months ago settled with the airplane insurance company for an undisclosed amount.

Despite the terrible circumstances of the accident, Lauren appears to be moving forward with her life. Happy Birthday, indeed.

Kabala

That's the Cadillac of arms... Why was the manufacturer negligent? Was the propeller too fast?

GeniusMachine

I'd really like her to give me a handy-j with the fake arm.

Phil

Thats whats wrong with this country. SHE walks into an airplane blade on accident...Yet, she gets paid alot of money for doing so. No one forced her into the spinning blade, it was her own dumbness...Yet she gets paid because of it by the airline.

Phil

wktkw

you can get yourself a new arm and a glass eye but,honey-you are still dumb as a box of rocks.

Erika

I'm so glad to see this photo of her..I remember when her accident happened..so severely injured but yet she fought not only for her life but evidently is determined to continue to live life 100%...Way to go Girl and just more proof that you can't keep a good girl down..

carol

I still dont' understand how its the airplane co's fault when she walked into the propeller. I think I would notice the propeller twirling at the front of the airplane I just got off of, heck I would notice on a airplane I hadn't just got off of!

Rufus Greenjeans

....pictured staring at the camera just seconds before she fell into an open manhole.

There's a problem here

Nice arm. Just think, if she hadn't been so self-centered, probably trying to turn someone's attention to herself, she would have done as she was advised and waked BEHIND THE PLANE WHILE THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING; HENCE, THE PROPELLER WAS SPINNING. If I was someone on the ground who came to her aid I would sue her for me having to live with what she looked like after her stupidity sliced and diced some of her body. If she would have been so damn stupid we would never have heard of her.

amazinglybored

Is she still an idiot? That's what she should be working on.

Rich

God bless you. Go forward and enjoy your life.

No comment

The best think that ever happened to her was walking into a running propeller. I have never heard of her, and now we get to celebrate her stupidity, I mean birthday.

latestdiets.net

maybe she can model arms now.

amazinglybored

Is she still an idiot? That's what she should be working on.

DaveT

Glad she's doing better, it's gotta suck to walk into a propeller and go through that pain, trauma and realization.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments