Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

metronomic

Since most of you uneducated homophobes dont even know the definition of what you in fact are, here you go-
Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, irrational fear, and hatred. In a 1998 address, author, activist, and civil rights leader Coretta Scott King stated that "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."

Tc

Hey Ed would you feel better if they changed their name to Dick-fil-A ! Sorry bro most of us prefer the taste of chicken over **** .

jim

LMAO. Ok, look at these replys. This is a senseless argument. Being in America, we have freedom of speech. The owner of Chik-Fil-A verbally stated his opinion. Like it or not, it is his opinion. I agree with him. I dont care if you like me for it, or not. I am not a homophobe. I am a grown man that has an opinion, and just because it doesnt match yours does not give you the right to judge me. Oh, I am sure you will, but I dont care. I accept differences in people. Just because you are a minority does not give you the right to decide what is right and wrong. We, as a nation, should stop concerning ourselves with this "kiddie, playground crap" all worried about who hurts who. I dont have a Chik-Fil-A near me, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will eat at one, each time I am near one, and am in the mood to make a statement, or am hungry.. That is a promise. :D. suck on that..

elpablo

I'll be sure to start eating at Chick-Fil-A more often. It's about time companies stood up for common sense and decency...unlike Starbucks.

deb

What a shame that people can't say what they think or believe any more.
(p.s. they won't go to the restaurant, but they'll send their "help" to pick it up for them. )

Jen

Here's a good reason not to eat at Chick-fil-a, their food is f*cking digusting.

Jenny

More for me and my family :) mmm yummy chicken!

metronomic

I find it hilarious that these inbred southerners think that book of lies, The Bible, defines marriage between one man and one woman. NOWHERE in the bible does it say this. As far as I can tell the bible DOES promote rape, incest, slavery, genocide etc, etc. People need religion because they fear death plain and simple, they need a master to serve.

metronomic

A piece of paper does not define marriage, the love between 2 human beings defines it. You can never stop gay marriage because you cannot stop that love and in that sense you have lost the battle homophobes.

Jane

Although I've patronized this establishment in the past, I can no longer contribute to their "cause". I don't condone supressing the rights of others in the name of religion.

Cee

I LOVE Chick Fil A! Thank you or standing up for what you believe in and for the Gospel. The thing I always want to tell those who say who say Christians "hate gays" is that we absolutely do not hate gays or anyone else for that matter. It is the act that we just don't support. SIn is sin, no matter what it is. If anything is "hated" it is the sin NOT the sinner.:) I am Christian and have met hundreds of Christians and if they have a understanding of the word of God they do not hate period. I have yet to meet a true Christian (opposed to cultural etc.) that has any feelings of hate towards another because they are gay..

NGMstudios

If you dislike a company, for any reason, you have the option to discontinue your patronage to them. This country is free at least for a little while longer.

Savvy1

I will most certainly be eating a whole lot more at Chick fil A. There's one in Oxnard not too far from our house, I now plan to stop there every time in Oxnard! FINALLY a company not being BULLIED in to changing their beliefs because others don't agree!! We are aloud to disagree without retaliation.

willflores52

Equal rights to all, including those who disagree! Let live, already.

lynn

They eat the gay chickens, Ed, break their necks and fry 'em up just like the straight ones.