Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

Jenn

I'd boycott The Office but nobody seems to be watching that anyway.
When you have Kim Kardashian on your side, you're probably making a stupid choice.

luette

Those who approve of traditional family, are the majority, not the minority. Yet the media wants to make them look like the 'few', REALLY? Hitlers approach was to tell a lie so many times, it was finally believed....It has nothing to do with 'hate', but they want to lable it that as well. Another falsehood.

pudgey

I salute businesses that aren't afraid to uphold God's laws and commands. God bless you and your business. Stay firm in your belief. Remember the Bible says "deny me in front of yoru friends and I will deny you in front of my father." Way to go!!!

jokerchick

who cares what he thinks? they have great chicken sandwiches or at least they did in the 90's

Wha..?

Chik-fil-A RULES!!!!!!!

Wha..?

.....is Ed Helms not working? Someone give this guy a job. Boycotting The Great Chik-Fil-A. Nothing good will come from it. I bet he will be going there when the sun goes down to get those waffle fries.

Chik-Fil-A RULES!!!!!!!!

G Barry

Now I have to boycott Ed Helms!

OJS

So a family owned business supports orgs that they believe in (Pro Family, Christian base) then they are anti gay???? wow. I'm sure there will be a huge following of support for the boycott NOT

rtexas

Why are people surprised by this???? Chick fila has always made it public that they are a Christian based company.....I love Chick fila and I won't boycott them, not only because their food is yummy but because you are hurting the people that work there....get real people!

Chris

Wow, I just lost a lot of respect for Ed Helms, and he was one of my favorites! I bet if this were a Muslim chain and they said they support the Koran's stance on gay marriage, that Ed Helms wouldn't of come out and said this! The attack on Christianity (especially in Hollywood) is sickening! All the Chik-fil-a's pres is doing is standing behind his beliefs. He's not hating anyone! Why is being against gay marriage automatically called "hate"?!?!

Joe

I love CFA. They are a privately owned company that can donate to whoever they please. They choose organizations that support traditional family marriages. Nothing wrong with that. They aren't holding a sign at the door saying no gays allowed. they always say My Pleasure and have the friendliest staff, at least IMO here locally, than the other chains (McD, BK, Wendys). If the food is delaying, they offer to bring it to you. Only rarely does McDs do that and I've never seen BK nor Wendy's do that.

If you don't like it, don't eat there. So much for "No Hate"

If you don't agree with someone, the solution isn't to try to get them shut down.

Go eat an oreo.

Bourgeois

Ed Helms is a heterophobe. Eat mor chikin!

Malin

I applaud Mr. Cathy for standing up for what he believes in, in a respectful manner. He didn't bash gays or use homophobic slurs, he loves God and his Bible, and isn't going to back down from that. I personally disagree with his views, but respect his considerate opinion.

katydidit

Go suck a dick and make yourself feel better Ed.
In the meantime, I'm going to get me a yummy chikfila sandwich. When are you ***s going to get the message...WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO. IT AINT ABOUT YOU.

daliscar

Wow!
If the Guy Who Ruined The Office is joining up with the illustrious likes of Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians for...(well, whatever.... it doesn't matter WHAT the cause is)....SIGN ME UP!!!