Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

Kristen

Good on Ed for speaking out against them. I don't understand why the president of this company feels the need to drag his whole business down with his bigoted opinions.

kerrplunk

When the freaks from hollywierd boycott a place, it turns out to be a winner!

DaveT

I thought Chick-fil-A was a stripper joint

Lindy

Just because you believe marriage is between a man and a woman does not mean you hate gays...Chick-fil has the right to believe what it wants.

LuvLeeRita

I have gay friends, I'm not homophobic, but I'm also a Christian who believes in the Word of The Lord regarding homosexuality. So I say, "eat more chik'n". I love me some Chik Fil A.

ALASKA PEACH

I WILL EAT THERE EVERYDAY! THEY HAVE GREAT FAMILY VALUES, THEY ARE CHRISTIANS AND LIVE LIFE THE RIGHT WAY!

pimpc

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Ed is gay and hasen't "come out" yet? EVERYTHING about him screams Gay.

SashasOpinion

Wow. WTF?! Honestly, the gay-rights issue is not my concern with all of this. The thing that pisses me off the most is that he just spoke for EVERY SINGLE Chik-fil-A employee as if they were all Christians who even agree with the Bible or know what it says. What's the point of talking about the "biblical definition" of anything? **** the bible. If we were going to go according to the bible then all types of crazy **** would be legal and justified. The bible is like the worst book to reference for ANYTHING. He probably has hundreds of atheist workers, or Muslim workers, etc. He can't just speak for all of them like they are Christian. I literally had planned on going to Chik-fil-A today because it's in the mall I'm getting ready to go to in a bit. But I guess not. It's not about the gay thing, it's about the werido Christian thing.

lookItsMegRyan

I stopped eating there because their food sucked. A dry chicken sandwich with a pickle in the middle? C'mon. Now I can boycott them for a cause. Maybe spray paint a few billboards too. This is gonna be fun!

Jay

Great ... with less pukes like him around, the atmosphere in the restaurant will remain pleasant. Why do these Hollywood people think any of us give a rip what they stand for. They're morons with the morals of a pack of dogs in heat.

notnaieve

So again we see that you can boycott a place because it IS in favor of gay rights (Home Depot) and that makes you a bigot, because, hey, they're entitled to their beliefs and to support what they believe in. But you can boycott a place that is NOT in favor of gay rights, and you are NOT a bigot but a progressive, because they are NOT entitled to their beliefs and to support what they believe in? Do I have that right? smh

Uh

Lindsay, Miley, and the Kardashians support a boycott?? Where is nearest store?

mona lisa

Hey dumbass celebs, they didnt say they hate gay people, they said they dont support gay marriage. Big difference. I dont support many things my kids do but i still love them

buzz kill

So Helms won't eat a Chick-Fil-A, who cares, I am sure he would prefer a foot long sausage anyway.

MoreChickenforME

Just means shorter lines and more chicken for me. Thanks Celebutards!