Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

JimmyB

I like the restaurant too; It's a shame they feel the need to be politically active as a company. It would be much better if they would express themselves as individuals instead.

SirReils

Lol! Helms, never thought this would backfire, let's boycott the Office and go eat at Chik-Fil-A instead.

dixieland

The Cathy's not only have an outstanding business, their family values are phenomenal. Unfortunately we do not have a Chick-fil-A in my hometown but whenever I have access to one, I'm a patron!! The food is great and I have never had a bad experience at any I have visited.
Wishing them many more years of success! To God Be The Glory!!

w

I ban Ed Helms cause I'm anti celebrity.

JimmyB

I havta add that it does bother me that they're closed on Sundays. Granted It's their right, but it's one of the rare opportunities to visit the restaurant since I don't have time during the week.

It also "forces" their beliefs on their employees; some of whom would probably like to work on Sundays. It's pretty silly.

Liz

What about we call for a boycott for all these morons? We are in a free country where everyone is entitled to their opinion, right??

w

Gays get so angry when people are against them, wussies.

quita

Seems like Ed Helms is looking for a little publicity. Who cares?

ronin

Gee, Kim K says boycott....

I know where I'm going for dinner tonite, tomorrow night and all the other nights!!!!!

tgrfan42069

like always preach tolerance but cant tolerate any opinion that opposes theirs.lol gotta love the pro gay crowd

katy

So who cares if celebrities are boycotting a restaurant??? That's one thing that's wrong with America..we have morons as role models!!!! The Bible should be the word we follow; if others don't want to, that's his/her business but let people make up their own minds without celebrities needing to stick their 2 cents in!

sidithers

Gays are so hostile to people who don't agree with their lifestyle

MM

I think I'll boycott the next Hangover movie if Helms is in it and go and spend my $10 at Chick Fil A. Get over yourself Helmsey.

no way jose

oh miley, lindsay and the krapdasians are supporting this - count me out even if its not right. Can't get on any bus with idiots like them on board.

LuvLeeRita

Did we forget we live in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? Last I remember, we still have the right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH and FREEDOM OF RELIGION. When did this change? So I don't believe as you do, that makes me wrong and homophobic?