Tom Cruise

Lashes Out

at 'Abandoning Suri' Story

7/18/2012 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0717_tom_cruise_bert_fields_article
Tom Cruise
has had it with reports he's a bad dad, and his lawyer is calling one of the mags on the carpet.

Attorney Bert Fields just fired off an email, attacking "Life & Style," for what he says is "a bogus cover headline that Suri has been 'ABANDONED BY HER DAD.'"

Fields says, "That, as anyone knows who saw their photos together yesterday and today, is a disgusting, vicious lie." Fields goes on, "Until this week, Tom was shooting a film on location, but he spoke to Suri every day."

Fields adds, "He's with Suri right now; and he was with her the day before Life & Style trumpeted their cruelly false accusation. Tom dearly loves Suri and the last thing he would ever do is abandoned her."

Jeff Becker

While I do not like Scientology, saying Tom Cruise is a bad father is absurd. He clearly is a loving father and I can understand his outrage a some magazine stating otherwise to sell thier publication. As a father who loves their children I would be outraged if someone suggested I abandoned my children. My suggestion to Cruise is to sue, sue,sue!!!

TJ

The battle may have been won,but the war is just starting!

big'un

Maybe when Toms all grown up he can actually speak for himself.

Cord

Cruise abandons Suri when he goes to make a movie. Much worse, he stuck his ugly duckling adopted daughter in brainwashing school for her childhood. And she can never leave the cult, or else. For decades, cuckoo-for-culty-nutz believers in Hubbard would hardly see their children, as the kids became indentured slaves in the junior division of the Sea Org, called the Cadet Org. Cruise is itching to brainwash Suri, you can bet.

anony

There are some things we know AREN'T true in the rags. Siccing your lawyer on them isn't going to help.

jim

time to call out the big guns--- lawyers.
sue,sue , sue

honesty

Abandoned can mean many things, emotional, financially, physically, no candy, etc etc etc. This is a wonderful country if you want to express an opinion you can do so. It is protected by the 1st Amendment. So even Tommy and his big wig Scientology lawyers can do nothing about it. If it is not true, ignore it. Seems you should be putting all your energy into being a real dad, not wasting it, to appear to be a good dad.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

go Tom! , TEAM! TOM!

H.T

Come on people give them a break, I am not a big TC fan or KH fan for that matter...but marriages fail and life goes on. I am sure that Suri will be just fine and both parents will look after her. I don't think that this Scientology stuff has any thing to do with it,so leave them alone you media types for Christ sakes!

Honeys Booboo

As the in-vitro biological daughter of Xenu himself,
of course Tom worships Suri as the god she is.
Any good OT-3 or above knows this,
and anyone who disagrees is an S.P.

itsme

That's some thin skin you have Tom.

Merry

I want to know why Tom gets to see Suri anyway. I thought once a wife (or husband) leaves the COS they are not allowed ANY contact with the people who leave. Is this not correct? How many regular COS members have been denied access to their kids over the years when a parent left the church. Doesn't seem fair to me. How is this permitted for Tom and no one else?

G

Don't care!

Carl

I know Tom has issues, but I do think he loves his daughter. I think gossip sites and magazines are desperate to turn this divorce into something more dramatic than it actually is.

Swan

Sticks and Stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Just another way to bring attention to himself.