George Zimmerman

Shooting Trayvon was

'All God's Plan'

7/19/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

071912_zimmerman

George Zimmerman believes the shooting death of Trayvon Martin was "all God's plan" ... telling Sean Hannity he will not second guess his actions on that fateful day.

Zimmerman -- who's been charged with 2nd degree murder for the February shooting -- broke his silence to Hannity during an interview that aired on Fox News last night.

During the interview, Zimmerman insisted, "I'm not a racist ... I'm not a murderer."

After the interview, Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, had some harsh words for George ... telling CBS News, "We must worship a different God. There is no way that my God would have wanted George Zimmerman to kill my teenage son.

In His Name

Apparently she worships a different God than I do, too because my God teaches me to forgive.

Alta

Tracy Martin is Trayvon's FATHER, you idiot.
His mother is Sybrina Fulton .
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIIGHT BEFORE YOU REPEAT MORE LIES !

In His Name

Why couldn't this be "God's" plan? He mass murdered the entire planet during the days of Noah. He murdered hundreds of innocent children during the Passover. He allowed Herod to murder hundreds of innocent boys. He even impregnated a thirteen year old virgin girl and didn't have to face rape charges.

Alta

Tracy Martin is Trayvon's FATHER, you idiot.

His mother is Sybrina Fulton.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIIGHT BEFORE YOU REPEAT MORE LIES !

In His Name

People still believe in the invisible man in the sky? You know, Horus, Attis, Mithra and Jesus were all born to a virgin on December 25th, they suffered, died and were buried. On the third day, they all rose again. Every two thousand years we get a new one.

ME

@hollabizak

F...CK ZIMMERMAN AND ANYBODY THAT SUPPORTS HIM WHICH IM SURE IS WHITE. The white man has always hated black men even during slavery.Everytime Massa would go to the store,his white wife was gagging on a BBC and he held that against the blacks ever since

OK...we get it. You are racist and hate all white people. Even when the perp. is not white ,He is hispanic...And we also know that Treyvon was a good kid that just happened to be arrested with 12 pieces of womens jewelry and a mans watch. During the search they also found burgulary tools . not to mention he was also a bully at school according to his peers. After your 14 post on this story we all know who the real racist here is. If you werent so ignorant you would see that 75% of people ( yes white people as well as black ) think he is guilty...If whitey is keeping you down, you can return to the place that Your ancestors Sold their own people to the white man... Africa...Land of the free...

Jayla

Stunning how many of you can twist this around in so many directions-
First, envoking God when talking about a moment when carrying a weapon saved your life is not unheard of-Maybe not what we're ready to hear yet, but not unheard of.
Second, if GZ shot a white man in self-defense, this would be a non-story and the fact that he thanked God that he could defend himself would be a non-story.
Third, you were all waiting to hear what he had to say, like him or not, so him going forward with Hannity is also not appauling to any of you.
What did you expect him to say? He is confident that he was within his rights. He is standing up against what he believes to be a corrupt government. He could have been killed, and when his attacker saw his gun, the story had to end the way that it did. Any gun owner knows that once your attacker goes for the weapon, it's end-game. In most states, the attacker does not even have to go for the weapon, just present a threat to your life.
It's horrible, it's disturbing, it's devastating, and this man knows that he killed (not murdered) a child. Had any single moment, second of that night gone diffrently for George or Travon, this would not have happened. He called it God, some call it ill-fated, some call it an awful turn of events. I would not have called it God, he did. I don't normally envoke God a lot, maybe he does. A quantum physicist has their own spin on what happens in time and relativity, and it's much the same.
Appauling is a white girl duct-taping her dead white daughter, throwing her in a swamp, partying her ass off while her daughter rots, lying over and over and over, and then telling a jury her father molested her and covered up an impossible accident. But she's white and Caylee was white, so who cares, right? TMZ might as well put a crown on Casey Anthony, the way they write about her. Following Travon closely while blowing off Caylee's tragedy could be considered VERY racist, but most white people would never see it that way.
What's most frightening is that so many of you claim to know what's in a person's very most inner thoughts and in their heart. What a transient society we live in, that the internet and news media shape the way that we interact and empathize with other humans. You can reach way down deep and feel that Travon was a good kid at heart in spite of his troubles, but not that George Zimmerman might be a good man? And don't give me the blah about TM being a victim that should not be judged-If GZ had not killed TM, GZ would be the one and only victim of a crime.
For those of you that claim to know God better than GZ, suppose you might remember that God does not like the stone-casting, Jesus says render unto Caesar, that God does not work as man does, and that God sees all. Translated? Let the jury speak, and hope that evryone is satisfied it is not another Pinellas 12, no matter how the verdict goes.

Jayla

Funny, TMZ and its audience never had the same vitriol for a Florida baby killer, who killed her own child brutally, duct-taped her face, and dumped her like trash in the woods-No, TMZ eats her up like she's a star, people defend her jury decision, but they'll hang a guy who shot a thug in self-defense. It's sick.
BTW, thug is not a racist term, never was. There ya'll go changing the language to suit yourselves again...

myopinion

I have been saying from the beginning GZ is a racist...NOT CRAZY that is his defense and the reason his lawyer is exploiting him in that way....GZ you FOOL you are going DOWN everyone knows you are PLAYING the CRAZY defense.

ME

@@

hollabizak

Update....15th racist post on this story..

Straight Talkin Texan

Yep, blaming God for your actions absolves you of taking responsibility. Idiot.

timmons

Only a KILLER who's proud of himself would say he doesnt regret ANYTHING that happened that night. George deserved to get his ass kicked but Trayvonn dd not deserve to DIE. I hope the psycho bastard FRIES.

Pimpcessa

Why does any of this conversation have to do with race anyway?
Answer: Because the media spins stories for maximum exposure = MONEY.

Who buys into it?
Answer: Racists, of every color and group.

I also wonder how many people really believe "could of", "should of", "would of" is correct in the english language?
Answer: The ones that aren't educated enough to know that it's "could have", "should have" and "would have". And it's always more prevelent in racist posts.....on both sides.

Sorry, I just couldn't take it anymore, it's all over this thread, haha. And anyone can be guilty of a typo, that's not the point. It's the fact that they believe it's correct.

Joe Mc

OK, this story is really misleading. At the end of the interview, GZ re-addresses the question. Here is an EXACT TRANSCRIPT of what he said:

ZIMMERMAN: "First, I would like to readdress your question when you asked if I would have done anything differently. When you asked that I thought you were referring to if I would not have talked to the police, if I would have maybe have gotten an attorney, if I wouldn't have taken the CVSA and that I stand by, I would not have done anything differently.
But I do wish that there was something, anything I could have done that wouldn't have put me in the position where I had to take his life. And I do want to tell everyone, my wife, my family, my parents, my grandmother, the Martins, the city of Stanford, and America that I am sorry that this happened."

I really wish TMZ would actually watch/read the entire interview instead of flaming the flames of the stupid...

Alice Richards

What BS that it was God's plan. God gave us free will. It was Zimmerman's choice to shoot, not God's plan.