« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rafael Nadal

Bails on Olympics --

I'm Not in Condition to Play

7/19/2012 8:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0719_rafael_nadal_getty_olympicsRafael Nadal just delivered some GREAT NEWS to everyone who's not a Spaniard ... he's officially pulling out of the 2012 Olympics ... claiming he's "not in condition" to compete.

It's a crushing blow to Spain ... since the tennis great won gold at the 2008 Games and was a favorite to top the podium this time around, too.

Rafael called the decision to bail one of the saddest moments of his career. He was supposed to be Spain's flag bearer during the opening ceremony -- but now it's likely he'll be replaced.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EggsOverEasy

Plastic surgery already?? Jeez he is like 27 years old..

parlayer

Como?? el no sabe nada con la exception de como razuar sus piernas.

ThePhoenix

It's sad but a smart man knows his limitations.

Old MacDonald

==============
Really? I was hoping to see the flag walk in on its own.

Sherms

Love, LOVE Rafa!!! Bummed I won't be ale to see him, but hope he is competing in another tournament soon.

Who Knew

Hes been too busy doing the pick n sniff. He picks his butt after every point then puts his fingers against his nose for the sniff. I can not watch his match's anyways.

Who Knew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9iAo52xGc I guess we will be missing this.

annie2

I agree with the comments re: TMZ's attempts to cover sports stories (probably because they are all about who is fathering child #17 or who beat up who this week) so in essence, yes, it's gossip, but these people are not "celebs" in the traditional sense so I don't want to hear about it.

Now to the story at hand, I think it is very mature of Nadal to drop out if he is not feeling at his peak. He could be selfish and take up a spot just because he can but this will allow the next best guy in line a chance. He sounds like a responsible guy.

wiptidoo

I can not watch this guy play-he is a total But t Picker. Why does he do this ritual of touching his but, then his eyebrows, then his nose? What the heck is wrong with this kid?

Bellaca

Rafa is a great champ. No, Rafa is not on drugs. Once again, Fedbot will benefit from this.

Bellaca

He's not gotten any surgery. Sucks for my Rafa!

Mystery

he's beautiful.

kim

it was really sad day for us as Spanish people. .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2