'Batman' Massacre

Victim Had Avoided

Mall Shooting Last Month

7/20/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Redfield
One of the 12 people shot and killed in the "Dark Knight Rises" massacre in Colorado this morning had narrowly avoided a shooting spree in a Toronto mall last month.

Jessica Redfield -- who was an aspiring sportscaster -- posted a blog entry on June 5, detailing how she left the mall minutes before a gunman opened fire inside the food court.

On her blog, "A Run of Thoughts," Redfield says she initially wanted to get sushi ... but changed her mind at the last minute and got a "greasy burger" instead. The time on her receipt read 6:20 PM.

Redfield says, for no apparent reason, she decided to go outside and get some fresh air.

At 6:23 ... gunfire rang out inside the food court. One person was killed.

Jessica had written, "Had I had sushi, I would’ve been in the same place where one of the victims was found."

Last night, Redfield tweeted about how excited she was to see the new Batman movie ... and jokingly bragged about having to "coerce a guy" into accompanying her to the midnight showing.

Redfield posted her last tweet right before the flick ... writing, "MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES."

Due to the deranged actions of a 24-year-old psychopath, it was Redfield's final tweet.

BettieOoo

That's some final destination ****!! My prayers are with her & the rest of the victims families. So sad! People are sick!

Bridget

Rest in Peace, my thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Jac

Rest in Paridise.

Lee

That's the saddest thing ever.mprayers to victims and families.

Dee3678

Final destination 6

firebaby

sleep soundly, sweet angel....

eller

Here name is Jessica Ghawi

eller

Here name is Jessica Ghawi

wow

Sad but I guess it was destined. I was also at the Eaton center food court on that day and also had a weird premonition. Since then I walked outside where a man had a large knife and later in the week I was almost struck by a car. One never knows what's around the corner.
Going to Dark Knight movie today and hope for the best. Safety is just not guaranteed no matter where you live.
Rest in peace Ms Redfield.

Jay

Wow what a sad story, poor girl. RIP.

northern gypsy

reading this article made the hair on the back of my neck stand up...sadly...it only confirms my belief that when it's your time there's no escape...condolences to her family and close friends...

Friedbeans

TWO people were killed, not one. Six hit by bullets and a few more trampled. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/13/eaton-centre-shooting-suspect-now-charged-with-two-counts-of-first-degree-murder/

Jay

This is from her blog post:

"I was shown how fragile life was on Saturday. I saw the terror on bystanders’ faces. I saw the victims of a senseless crime. I saw lives change. I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath. For one man, it was in the middle of a busy food court on a Saturday evening.

I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given."

I think we can all take something away from this.

parlayer

thankfully hollywood, in my opinion has put out crap for years, so I don't go, but to have your happy mind set ended with a bullet is deserving of the death penalty.

average jane

So incredibly sad. She's at peace now. No more threat of such evil happening to her again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments