James Holmes

Father Arrives

In Colorado

7/20/2012 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Photo

James Holmes' father Robert Holmes
James Holmes
' father just landed at the Denver International Airport, presumably to see his son who is in custody for the slaughter at the "Dark Knight" premiere.

Robert Holmes flew from his home in San Diego and was mum when he got on the Southwest Airlines flight.

Robert Holmes was the first one off the plane and was escorted by cops into a police van.

The Holmes family released a statement earlier expressing sympathy for the family of the victims and said they were cooperating with authorities.

hank

The Second Amendment literally sickens me. Prayers for the victims and their loved ones

Ada

Prayers to all the victims and their family as well as the Holmes, tough times ahead

Tammylee

Ok what I don't understand is that when the press called the mom she knew it was her son and the father was on his way before they knew who the shooter was ..... I think if the parents knew that there son was the type of person to do this they should lock them up for accessory to murder I don't understand how parents could not take and responsibility for getting him help or letting someone know that he could snap! What will it take for the USA to lock down gun control . This week it is this story next week it will be some thing else I don't understand what it will take to STOP all of these mindless killings this guy Purchased 6,000 Rounds Of Ammunition Online dont you think that the FBI should watch the buying of that stuff !

KJB

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. May GOD be with the families always.

KJB Michigan

AmyLynn

Decent point about passing safety assessment to use a gun, but you're off about shootings being "...always here in the us". Don't you remember the incident in Dunblane Scotland where 16 children were killed? Or, more recently in ***bria, UK? ALSO--your comment was hard to get through because, of, your overuse, of, commas. It, sounded like, Chrisopher Walken, was, reading, your, comment in, my head.

Yolanda Alvarado

I have said again and again NO PARENT CAN MONITOR THEIR CHILDREN 24/7. No parents want their child to turn bad. No parent wants their off-spring to kill another off-spring. No parent want to be a parent to someone who has done a murderous crime like James Holmes has committed. I feel sorry for James parents. I would not want to be in their shoes. Tears of love will be shedder by both sets of parents the murder and the victims.

Yolanda Alvarado

As a parent I worry about my children and grandchildren. Stories like this about a random kill shooting in a theatre. I pray it never happen again. No one should have a killer child or have their children kill like the one who died just because they went to the movies for some joy, relaxation and entertainment. May they all RIP, I pray last night and must do it again tonight. I hope my prayers help those who are gone.

Detective. LaToya

White people for you.

E.

Too Short said it best: "Your mother should have hung you, from her umbilical cord "

just wittle ole me

I feel sorry for the parents and hope people leave them alone. How terrible this is for them.

Abbie

To the parents of the shooter,

Even our heavenly father experience the effects of ason doing something so awful. God never felt that it was his fault , he gave everyone free will. He made satan responsible for his own actions and continued on being God. I sure the shooter parents are experiencing an overwhelming amount of sorrow and embarrassment. My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. Keep your head up high and conitune on with your lifes. Your become stronger with each passing day. May Jehovah God give you the streagth beyond what is normal in order for you and your family to deal with horiffic crime. Just remember there are so people praying and thinking about the viictims and their family but also praying and thinking about the shooters parents and their family.

JustJenna

I feel terrible for Holmes' parents. No one will offer THEM any support or kindness - imagine the horror they must be feeling, knowing their child did this. They deserve love and support, not shunning.

Christina Smythe

May God's angels surround the family of the victims with love, courage and strength during this most difficult time. Someone created a memorial page for these victims on Evertalk within Facebook. There is a memorial fund on this page and people can donate to help the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy. Here's the page.

Cynic

my sympathies to all victims in this terrible crime, including the Holmes family .

Bart Hamilton

What is Robert Holmes profession?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments