'Batman' Massacre

You Be the Judge

7/22/2012 12:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0720_james_holmes_sub
The Colorado massacre and James Holmes raise fundamental questions about movie violence, guns and public safety. So we gotta ask ...

peoplearesilly

OH STFU and quit trying to make every dime you can off of this horrific tragedy. Good God. You people sleep at night? So glad I have more morals and class than all of you put together.

Kim

TMZ, Thank you and your team for reporting excellent political/news reports. I WOULD LIKE TO SALUTE THE TROOPS, VETERANS and THEIR FAMILIES. Thanks for your sacrifices. My family is saddened with tearful heartfelt condolences for each beautiful, individual who passed along with those injured in this unbelievable, horrific AURORA, COLORADO massacre. Our humble thoughts and prayers are with their families and friends. I am currently thinking of the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow sung by, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (IZ) as a dedication to the wonderful people who are no longer on earth but in a better place. I read in PROVERBS 27:19, "JUST AS WATER REFLECTS THE FACE, SO ONE HUMAN HEART REFLECTS ANOTHER." I hope the American people will continue as President Obama said, "This is a day for prayer and reflection." Marcel Proust said, "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." I read in Romans 12:19, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the LORD." In my opinion, I hope swift justice and the death penalty is justifiably adjudicated by a jury to the "LONE WOLF DOMESTIC TERRORIST COWARD!" From my viewpoint respectfully, NYC Mayor Bloomberg should consider his own backyard by stopping the racial profiling, humiliating, unwelcomed police tactics of his Stop and Frisk policies. He then can assist President Obama, Mitt Flip-Flop Romney and the American people in establishing appropriate regulatory laws to stop senseless massacres and unjustifiable murders throughout the U.S.A. with reasonable gun control laws. ST. BERNARD OF CLAIRVAUX said, "It is no great thing to be humble when you are brought low; but to be humble when you are praised is a great and rare attainment." TMZ, Thank you. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day!!

Tommy

Why Mentally Disturbed, and NOT evil? I don't get it. The Batman movie series show you all about evil, what ti looks like, and you can see evil throughout history, and yet when you see this you say it is a mental disorder? That is stupid.

Did Mao, Lenin or Hitler have a mental disorder?

This guy planned every step of the way the entire debacle and it took him more than one month to amass all of the armament and you claim that he is mentally disturbed and that really makes it tough on people who have mental disorders, because believe me, most of them are very very harmless.

YouDontSay

With over 7 billion people on the planet at least 1 billion of the people are idiots. You cant change that.
To impose limitations on our freedom does nothing. People have taken items on planes to show TSA does not work.
I personally am against automatic and semi automatic weapons but in no way want the rights of guns to be taken away. I hope someone has a gun if I am ever in big trouble (since I have never fired one). This person was intelligent from the boobie trapping to the planning of the massacre.
What he did was no different from a terrorist.
In every picture you have shown his eyes don't look right. He is evil. He should not be on the planet.

dennis

Pretty tasteless TMZ.

v33d0t

This video should be watched by anyone who thinks further gun control is the answer to situations like we just saw in Colorado. This woman knows that if she hadn't left her gun in her car (as required by a bad law), she could have saved many lives during the 1991 Luby's Cafeteria massacre in Killeen, Texas, in which 23 people were killed (including her parents).

Texas State Rep. Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp's Senate testimony about her experience with gun control:
Gratia-Hupp's testimony and comments should be watched by everyone who doesn't understand why we should leave the Second Amendment alone, and why good, law-abiding people should be _encouraged_ to carry a weapon.
More on former Rep. Gratia-Hupp and the Luby's massacre:

Jason

People die and TMZ is worried about how it effects Batmans Oscar chances ? You guys are just as sick and twisted as James Holmes.

chrissy

Great idea, let's ban guns so only the criminals will have them.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

This is just a feeling I have always had for many years!!!!!! I think Hollywood, with its violence and sexual themes has had very MUCH influence on the very young children over a LONG period of time!!!! I really believe that there are a least a few kids who can turn out like James Holmes and, or Sexual deviates without the proper prospective and moral training while growing up- I do not believe that any one can DISPROVE that either!!! Hollywoods only goal is Money and Shekles, and of course will deny that they contribute to this Sick part of Society!!!!

Details?

Switzerland has one of the highest amounts of armed civilians and they have the lowest crime rates.

It is the training they give and the OK to take out the criminals. That is what we are lacking, more well armed, well trained citizens.

Not a lawyer happy, criminals get all the rights and guns too..... Because they don't care if they are allowed to own them!

This Holmes Fool is an example of why we need to be able to carry our weapons. Then we have a chance. Less freedom for the criminals more rights for the law abiding.

Also Holmes rigged his apartment with explosives, why is this about banning good citizens, clearly there are alternate ways the bad guys can harm good people. Let's give those good American people their right to defend themselves.

Jen

Gun Control will not stop bad/evil/deranged people from getting guns. I look forward to getting my Conceal and Carry license so, God forbid, should I ever encounter a situation like this or any great danger, I can do something about it. "If guns kill people, pencils misspell words."

sistaelle

Why would a guy go thru all the trouble of booby trapping his apt only to tell the intended victims that it's booby trapped? Something doesn't add up here...

Detective. LaToya

TMZ f*ck you! Are you seriously asking about their chances at the Oscars? Wtf is wrong with the people who work at this website? I'm serious. You all are just as bad as that murderer. NO SOULS!

aaron

of course he is evil. he planned it out for months before. he booby-trapped his apartment so when the police went in they would die.

kelly

People who are against guns certainly don't grasp the fact if anyone in that audience had a gun they would of been able to fire back killing him, but since he was protected by a vest, yeah it would have made it difficult my question is where does one person get all those weapons and ammo and protection going unnoticed? movies are not to blame, he just made that CHOICE PERIOD!